Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Official "Post A Counterstamp" Thread....

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 956 / Views: 140,021Next Topic
Page: of 64
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Neat coin let alone the counter stamp.

Thank you, chafemasterj!
Looks like nobody knows nuthin' about my countermarked Ceylon piece...just another maverick.
Best to all!
Tom
"I ain't good-looking, but I'm willing to try."
--- Dave "Snaker" Ray: 'It's All Right,' 1963
Learn More...
United States
34247 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be HELK...

Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4940 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat counter stamps there JoshA113n.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Well, we've all heard of pennies from Heaven, so why not?
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Could be HELK...

Maybe ran out of room for the "O"! HELLO -
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roll searching today ran across this.......

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
671 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yet to receive. Technically a little off-topic, but wanted to share. The top portion appears to be a date, but I'm not sure of the rest. BTW this portrait is extremely well-struck, which is why I had to buy it.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  12:24 am  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A bold "SB" counterstamp (sawtooth?) on a 1797 British penny.

Any clues out there?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3925 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing it's perhaps the mark of an early British toolmaker.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59393 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No clue, but very cool!
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

i found this one a couple nights ago, don't know where I picked it up.
Page: of 64 Previous TopicReplies: 956 / Views: 140,021Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05