Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Official "Post A Counterstamp" Thread....

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 991 / Views: 148,041Next Topic
Page: of 67
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Learn More...
United States
22026 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't believe I forgot to post this 1985 Cent with a jack-o-lantern counterstamp for Halloween!

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can't believe I forgot to post this 1985 Cent with a jack-o-lantern counterstamp for Halloween!
Better late than never. At least you are early for 2022.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Spence. I believe that particular counter stamp originated on a card that was put out by Thomas SOS Enterprises.

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
Russian Federation
148 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2021  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grinya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Countermark "gate" of Genoese city Caffa on the Pul of Golden Horde Toqtamysh Khan

Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Countermark "gate" of Genoese city Caffa on the Pul of Golden Horde Toqtamysh Khan
Very interesting!
Learn More...
United States
22026 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a birthday present counterstamp on a 1983 Cent. I got this back in 1985 on, as I recall, a birthday card. It has been lightly plated as well.

-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Spence. That one I believe was also put out by Thomas SOS Enterprises. I've only seen the business cards of them but that doesn't mean that they could have put out birthday cards with them on them.

Edited by chafemasterj
12/15/2021 7:14 pm
Learn More...
United States
22026 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@chafemaster, you really do have them all, eh? It is amazing how many of these things you have.

Can you give us a rough estimate of how many counter stamped coins are in your collection? Thx!
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can you give us a rough estimate of how many counter stamped coins are in your collection? Thx!

I tried to answer this recently. I copy and pasted here so I don't have to think so hard.

Quote:
I haven't counted in a long long time. Think I have 7 Whitman albums (just ordered number 8) 7 pages deep (so that's 36 per page) gives 1750. But mind you that one whole album is different Masonic counter stamps. And there are plenty of duplicates. I'd guess if I cut that number in thirds it'd be roughly 600. Plus the stuff that doesn't fit in an album about 75-100 gives a total of about 700. That sounds fair I think. Maybe I should sit down and actually count them whenever some free time happens to surprise me.

Learn More...
United States
22026 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes that is a stunning collection @chafe. When I have a minute to photograph it, I was going to post a cent with an Iowa state c/s. That makes we wonder, do you have a complete (or nearly complete) collection of state counterstamps? I myself only have two or three states.

If it hasn't been done already, that might be a fun future thread topic.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind words. I happen to have 3 complete sets of the states. One of them came framed. Then I've got about 35 or 40 random lonely states.

What states do you have?
Edited by chafemasterj
12/16/2021 3:36 pm
Learn More...
United States
22026 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I happen to have 3 complete sets of the states.

You are the @justcarl of counterstamped cents!

Looks like I have two: the NY state posted a few pages upthread and then this one from Iowa. It has been quite some time since I was doing CRHing for wheat cents, and these were the two that I just happened to find and save. As you likely know, my currently collecting interests lie elsewhere, but I've been slowly photographing and posting parts of my US coin collection.

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Page: of 67 Previous TopicReplies: 991 / Views: 148,041Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: