Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Official "Post A Counterstamp" Thread....

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,003 / Views: 154,427Next Topic
Page: of 67
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You are the @justcarl of counterstamped cents!

Quote:
Looks like I have two: the NY state posted a few pages upthread and then this one from Iowa.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't mean to post in an old thread, but just recently found this interesting example. thought it was pretty cool!

Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't mean to post in an old thread...

Don't worry about posting on this thread. Your counterstamp is the kind that I like to see on the thread. Very cool!
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
289 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres a coin I found couple of weeks ago I posted in the detecting finds forum.
A British 5 shillings bank token with a counterstamp on George's neck "JP". I thought that I could look around for a little more info on the c/s...well I didnt find anything specific but while searching for other tokens from that series I did see another with the same c/s in the same place on the obverse of another token, this time an 1813 1 shilling 6 pence...so I can say that this maverick has a mate out there and perhaps more?
If anyone else can offer any other info on this c/s it would be greatly appreciated.
I'll continue to hunt down the origin of this one..I think theres an answer out the for this one!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5512 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought this counter stamp was really cool. When I won the auction I was ecstatic. Thought I'd share. . .

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamuelPickwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1987 Nebraska state outline counterstamp.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3930 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are 3 counterstamps that I have, all on nickels.
Not sure what any of them represent.

2005D with Ocean View reverse.

2005D with Buffalo reverse

2012P
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamuelPickwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is FSP = Free State Project
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3930 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My guess is FSP = Free State Project

Thanks for that. Just Googled it.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love all the new additions to the thread.

The Lincoln cents with the states stamped in them - I remember those from when I was a kid many many years ago.

That Ron Paul stamps is great - love the design and the history to it - I wonder how many made it to the wild.

And of course the 5 shillings with JP! Great find.

Keep going!
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
Page: of 67 Previous TopicReplies: 1,003 / Views: 154,427Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: