Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Collection Are You Working On?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16321 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been collecting for forty years, did not inherit any. I was the first collector in the family. With a little luck I should still have another thirty years or so.

I don't have a life or family and my living expenses are low so a significant portion of my income can go toward my collection. (unfortunately my income is low as well.)
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
08/29/2012 1:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PWinDavis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thinking about Kennedys, uncirculated and proofs. Just bought a couple 73 S proofs, and a 1994 S proof. Eisenhowers too, I have 1971 S and 1972 S uncirculated and am thinking of building a set around those.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only one...the 7070! ...and 11 spots to fill to go! ...not including the gold page.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
08/30/2012 3:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm currently working on a Sacagawea dollar pocket piece set. You can read about it here http://goccf.com/t/125605
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2012  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 coins into my NGC PF69 ASE set.
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KiNGCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Working on 2007-Current PCGS graded Autralian gilded Koala set. Just missing the 2007 now.

1909- Current Lincoln cent all mint marks, and including proofs, all PCGS total of 329 coins needed, I only have 28 of them so far, valued at $650
1909-1958 cent Set
1959-current cent including proof

I love cents
Pillar of the Community
United States
4129 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Working" on quite a few at the moment, but I'm really setting most of them aside until my Mercury dimes are done (excluding varieties). Only two to go (though there are some I will probably want to upgrade).
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Night Hawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm "working" on more collections than I'll ever complete.

Lincoln cents, I only need the 09-S VDB
Liberty head nickels, I only need the 1885
Buffalo nickels, need about half the set
Barber dimes, I need 8 coins.
Barber quarters, I need 13 coins.
Mercury dimes, I need the 16-D and 21-D
Standing Liberty quarters, I need 9 coins.
Washington quarters, I need the 32 D & S.

I've completed:
Indian Head cents
Franklin halves
Jefferson nickels X 2
Roosevelt dimes.

I have many coins from just about every series but I can't say I'm "working" on those sets. If I see a quality coin, regardless of whether or not I'm working on that set or not, I'll snag it if I can.

The addiction can never been satisfied.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3267 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm kind of in limbo trying to save for keys also.
The problem is I think of cheaper coins to buy ie: I'm thinking of starting a set of Sacagawea $
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tgauchsin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While CRH, I'm working on a a complete collection of circulating pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, half dollars, presidential and sac dollars - depending on my mood.

I also collect Franklin and Walking Liberty half dollars as part of a junk silver hoard. I am trying for one from each date and mint.

As for classic coins, I am working on a silver dollar type set as funds allow.
Edited by tgauchsin
08/30/2012 9:48 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large Cents, Morgan dollars, and the 7070.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19171 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't have a life or family and my living expenses are low so a significant portion of my income can go toward my collection. (unfortunately my income is low as well.)

You don't have a LIFE?
I would think all that you've done in this forum is sort of a LIFE though.
Add me to your will. I'll add you to mine.
just carl
Edited by just carl
08/30/2012 10:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
9191 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm bouncing between Walking Liberty halves and Mercury dimes with an occasional 7070 addition but I'm always distracted by Morgan dollars. Was that a VAM17A I just saw?
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
620 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Captain Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am working on these sets
Indian Head cents
Barber half dollars
Seated Liberty halfs
Classic commem Halfs
Modern commem dollars MS and Pf.
Mecury dimes
Just started a set of Washington quarters 1932 through 1964
I have completed these sets.
Jefferson nickles
Peace dollars
Kennedy halfs P.D.S and SS
Franklin Halfs
Walker halfs All dates and mintmarks No proofs
7070 dansco type set
WW-2 Type set 30 countries every coin from 1 cent up for eacj year they were in the war.
Graded set of MS-65 and 66 War nickles
State park quarters Silver proofs all TPG PF-70
The 50 State Quarters in P.D.S and SS
Oh I about forgot also working on a set of Morgan dollars. May switch this to a date set, then it will be done.
and Buffalo nickles need 2.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3258 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not working on an particular set at present.
Instead, I buy the odd coin here and there which strikes my fancy.
You'll will understand when you have 40 or 50 years of collecting experience.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05