Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1858 Indian Cent? Help!!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 115 / Views: 11,698Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rum_n_cola to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DRSANDMAN2: The ring had already been sized and was well past the return period for me to return to the store. I have the ring and papers in front of me. I can personally email you more photos of the ring and papers with me holding up any amount of fingers that you like. I agree, it is odd how this is even happening. At this point the only thing I can think of is that the person got a hold of one of my fathers photos and altered them. He sent them to many people and had them posted on some online forums, so it would not be hard to change the background to a coin. eBay will look into the matter which I am confident they will see absolutely no link to me and the fraudulent seller. I am nothing short of honest.
Bedrock of the Community
10045 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Given the different focus angles and depth, I don't see how they could have photoshopped the pictures you posted here. And I have been using photoshop since 1997.
I have used PS professionally as well as managed photographers--and yeah, those are obviously two different shots of the same coin. That said, it's pretty speculative how and why this eBay seller acquired these photographs. We simply don't have enough information, so we aren't going to solve this mystery here on CCF.
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rum_n_cola to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DVcollector: I never said it was the same photo as the one I posted in here. As I previously explained, this was likely one of the photos my father posted in other forums, and sent to numerous people. It is likely one of those photos. I am waiting on eBay to contact me, so I hope to find something out soon.
2 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chamblee56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just had to enroll in this service after being notified by another ebay member that my ebay coin listing, the 1858 pattern Indian cent, was being claimed as someone else's in this forum, to which he provided a link. Having just purchased this coin from another ebay member via a private sale, I was mortified to see the inane claims made by rum_n_cola and the even sillier speculation surrounding them in this thread. The photo provided by this rum_n_cola was the exact photo provided to me by the ebay seller that sold it to me, how obtained I do not care to speculate but I know rum_n_cola is not the original seller. His father's coin? This monkey even hems and haws in his fabrications waivering between "mine", and "oh, not mine". That this forum, and its purported knowledgeable members, could indulge such crap is very offputting, and I sincerely hope that it will not adversely effect my current listing's price otcome, as I paid a dear price for it. That it is genuine, is mine, and is guaranteed in its current ebay listing are all vouchsafed by me. If any that populate this forum that have slung innuendo or other hurtful contrivances would care to send an apology, my email is jclawson (at) yahoo (dot com
822 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK rum_n_cola, lets see a clear photo of this coin with 4 paper clips in a square around it. Then we'll know the truth.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3406 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where is Judge Judy?

If you have carefully read through all of the responses to run_and_cola's
original post, chamblee56, you will see how quickly the members of the group assumed that
he was out to commit a fraud of some kind.

Until now, I have not responded to this problem.

If both parties are guiltless, then this has been a terrible case
of bad timing.
If one or both parties have committed a fraud, then that will eventually
be determined.

From my perspective, both parties are innocent
until proven otherwise.

How long ago did you buy the 1858 pattern from another eBayer?
If you can prove that, you will have the beginnings of a strong defense.
Brother, can you spare a "BARBER" dime?
Edited by matthewvincent
09/03/2012 1:36 pm
822 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
From my perspective, both parties are innocent until proven otherwise.

They both claim to have the same coin. Somebody's fibbin'
Pillar of the Community
United States
3406 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or badly mistaken!
Why presume guilt on either parties part?
The truth will win out in the end.

"They both claim to have the same coin. Somebody's fibbin'"

NOT TRUE!

The claim is that the photos are identical with modification.

Other photos, of each coin, side by side,
now THAT would be proof of the existence of both coins.
In which case, an awful example of bad timing.

Am just trying to be fair here.
Edited by matthewvincent
09/03/2012 1:43 pm
822 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The claim is that the photos are identical with modification.

Read the whole thread, that's not the claim. They are different photos of the same coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3406 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have, scubu, but to please you I shall do so again.
Bedrock of the Community
10045 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I sincerely hope that it will not adversely effect my current listing's price otcome, as I paid a dear price for it.
Question--if you are so concerned about maximizing your sales price, why is this coin being sold raw, and not slabbed by a TPG--which would certainly help realize the maximum price? Btw--I am not accusing anyone of anything; I just find this whole thread terribly odd and confusing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3252 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add philadelphian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I for one, dearly hope, before the sun sets, to see photos on this thread of two beautiful, uncirculated, but demonstrably different 1858 pattern-strike Indian Head cents, framed by those paper clips.
2 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chamblee56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very perturbing yet. As I do not know how to load photos to this site, if someone would care to email jclawson1956 (at) yahoo (dot) com I will happily reply with photos of the coin from today, with any weekend college football game score written beside the photo. This pattern cent is mine, not stolen or misappropriated. The only thin that is stolen is the photo provided by rum_n_cola, who has obviously misappropriated it from somewhere/someone else
Pillar of the Community
United States
3406 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page one of this thread:
rum posts a picture of the coin on 9/1 at 4:43 PM.
rum, grab a newspaper with the date, snap a picture with the coin and resubmit.
If you do this, you have the coin.

9/1 at 9:34 PM: [ Or 9:38 PM ]
post of a link to eBay.
Same request of chamblee:
post a new pic of a newspaper with a current date and your coin.

That would establish the existence of two coins.

Until this is done, well, I see no other way to continue.

Learn More...
United States
23521 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very perturbing yet. As I do not know how to load photos to this site, if someone would care to email jclawson1956 (at) yahoo (dot) com I will happily reply with photos of the coin from today, with any weekend college football game score written beside the photo. This pattern cent is mine, not stolen or misappropriated. The only thin that is stolen is the photo provided by rum_n_cola, who has obviously misappropriated it from somewhere/someone else

I will take you up on that offer, chamblee56. I have an additional question for you which needs to remain private for the moment.

For everyone else: Something is obviously amiss here, but what that something is, is not proven yet. No baseless accusations will be tolerated.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 115 / Views: 11,698Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05