Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

E-bay Paranoia

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1795 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2012  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadToTheBone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been bidding on E-Bay for quite a while and I've learned on thing bid only what you willing to pay and not get into bidding wars. I've written a guide which I practice in my bidding. http://reviews.ebay.com/Buying-Coin...00153836684.
I also find that if you can be there at the last 5 or 10 minutes of a bid you sometimes add a 3 or 4 dollar increase that will usually stop the snipers trying to bid 50 cents or more over your bid.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1795 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2012  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadToTheBone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://reviews.ebay.com/Buying-Coin...000153836684

For some reason the above addy doesn't work. This is correct!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2787 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2012  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BadToTheBone,

Kind of a different scenario here. We are bidding on non-disclosed treasures. They appear and are listed as common dates/mintmarks, but in fact they are rare VAMs. I bid a nominal amount (usually what a common date/mm coin would sell for in that grade) upfront and don't touch the auction again until about 3 seconds to close (snipe). I know what the item is worth in the VAM community and I'm trying to spend the least amount for it as possible. I know what I can spend for it and that is my final snipe bid. After that bid is placed there's not enough time for someone to outbid me unless they have their best bid set higher than mine.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1460 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2012  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is one coming soon that I will be the winner of ... Price be darned I need it to complete a set so I will be over bidding in the last second.

I tend to bid like what Seated Nut practise is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2787 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2012  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is one coming soon that I will be the winner of ... Price be darned I need it to complete a set so I will be over bidding in the last second.

Is it an 1878? I have one on my scope, too!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1795 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2012  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadToTheBone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SealedNut I stand corrected I did not completely understand the direction of the conversation. I thought it was just general bidding on coins for ones collection. You learn something everyday if you just listen and I am. Thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1460 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seated and ,,,,Yes it is !!
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2012  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe I know what coin you two are referring to and I to am watching it but I do not plan on bidding, I am only watching to see what the end price is as I know they aren't the easiest coin to find
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05