Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar finds! (Including bank counters and other machines)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 220
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pancake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last Evening, I went to a coinstar at Kroger that is reject tray has 1960D Silver Roosevelt dimes.

HAPPY HUNTING!
Learn More...
United States
60475 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last Evening, I went to a coinmax at schnucks that is a reject tray has 1959D Old Jefferson nickels, 1975 Canadian Quarters, Plastic Nickels, and 66 Extra Moneys.

Quote:
Last Evening, I went to a coinstar at Kroger that is reject tray has 1960D Silver Roosevelt dimes.
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
576 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another great find Pancake!
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pan4au to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks great shape to congrats.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5122 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2018  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got back from taking my family on a beach trip - we went to a couple stores for groceries and the items we of course forgot to pack. Walmart and Bi-Lo both had coinstar machines conveniently near the exit - so I could send my daughters to check without the wife rolling her eyes at me! Walmart machine had like 75 cents, including a 1941 wheatie! Bi Lo had what I thought to be a corroded zincoln, but was in fact a 1943-D steelie!
New Sale! Inexpensive classic Greek silver, over 2,400 years old!

http://goccf.com/t/323297
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2018  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Checked a local machine on Saturday reached in and pulled out the only coin in there a 1958-d.
Learn More...
United States
60475 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Walmart machine had like 75 cents, including a 1941 wheatie! Bi Lo had what I thought to be a corroded zincoln, but was in fact a 1943-D steelie!

Quote:
Checked a local machine on Saturday reached in and pulled out the only coin in there a 1958-d.
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
960 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a cent that had seen better days the other night.
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's scoop. First silver since April 23.

Neither silver dime had a mint mark. If I recall correctly, that is at least the 5th Mercury dime I've found in the same machine.

The beat up 2000 cent is not a WAM.

From April until today, I found about two dollars worth of common change, but only one foreign coin, a Turkish 10 kurus.

Also two wheaties - 1937 P and 1957 D.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wadahek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds BigAppleBucky!
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
spruett001
tt001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "ouch" for me is paying a nearly $50 "processing fee" for those coins!
That's a little stun, tunnioC.

From a few pages back. Guy put in over $408 of change and got back $360. That's almost a 12% fee. Do Coinstars all over charge that, does the rate vary? Seems like a really a steep price to pay to rid oneself of excess change.

I'd pay face value for the privilege of looking through a stash of coins, especially if they had been accumulated over a few decades. (I'm retired and have the time.)
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice haul BigAppleBucky.
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW this was my best day ever in the reject tray for silver. Stopped at a local machine reached in and heard a strange sound not that of foreign coins. I grabbed every thing in there looked in my hand and could not beleive it. 5 Silver Quarters. That really made my day. Previous best was 5 Silver Dimes. Not the score that John77 (I think that is the best we will ever see) had but I am very happy with this. How could someone walk away from this I don,t know.
Learn More...
United States
60475 Posts
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing finds everyone! I wish that I could search more Coinstars, but I do not go grocery shopping that often (my mom usually gets groceries while I am at my therapy facility). If I am grocery shopping at the local grocery store with my mom, I go to the customer service desk and buy rolls of coins though. I am happy for all of you finding these great finds in the Coinstar machines.
Page: of 220 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05