Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 273
Pillar of the Community
United States
795 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coincollector110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First good score in FOREVER today- the machine at Walmart was fully loaded and couldn't take any more coins, so I took everything out of the reject slot that was there. I got a couple Euro pennies and a big coin from Costa Rica along with $1.40 in change, including a 1963-D dime!
Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Checked the coinstar last week and grabbed this old crusty penny. Got out to my car and looked at it and noticed it was a Wheat cent then noticed the date 1943D, and it was a rusty steel cent. Never found one in a coinstar before.
Pillar of the Community
United States
845 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a first time for everything Jason. Nice find!
Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2392 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  11:57 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After several months of nothing but empty reject trays, yesterday's trip to the grocery store produced some junk recent coins and a silver 1954 Roosevelt dime. The drought has ended!
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Something odd today - a 1925 Australian sixpence.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2392 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An early Australian six pence is, indeed, an interesting find.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2019  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add santafeboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First silver in a while today 1955 S Roosevelt as well as $3.57 in modern change ,1 Canada quarter,1 Philippines coin and 1 Mexico coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
795 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coincollector110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's score was my largest EVER in terms of coin quantity. I saw a middle aged guy (think of a NYC business man profile) dumping coins down the machine, and he had to have over $400 in change since he got over $350 after fees. I saw him walk away from the machine, and I could not BELIEVE how much change he left behind. It took me over 7 tries to get it all out, and my coat pockets were seriously weighed down for the rest of my time at the grocery store. I finally emptied my pockets when I got home, and the total score was $9.25 in US change, with exactly $1.25 being in pennies, $5 in quarters, and the rest in nickels and dimes. There were a couple Canadian quarters and a baseball token mixed in, but out of all the US coins, there was nothing significant date wise. Still, it was more fun than finding a $10 bill on the ground just because I was sorting through coins that may or may not have been rejected for good reason!
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2019  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericalynn13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is just one coinstar in my daily journeys and that sucker is always empty!! Clean as a whistle. With how many folks I see posting here with finds, I wonder if I have another searcher or two or three in my area LOL
Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2019  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First silver in a while today 1955 S Roosevelt as well as $3.57 in modern change ,1 Canada quarter,1 Philippines coin and 1 Mexico coin

Quote:
Today's score was my largest EVER in terms of coin quantity...
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stopped last week at my local "dump" bank after coin roll hunting a box of nickels. After depositing my nickels in their coin counting machine, I looked in the wastebasket next to the machine and noticed a few coins amidst the paper trash. Upon further investigation, there were a lot of coins. I asked one of the tellers if I could take the trash home and she didn't object. She said the machine maintenance person was in earlier in the day fixing and cleaning the machine. From what I found in the trash, I suspect the machine could have been jammed.

The first picture shows what I pulled out of the trash. Actually, the picture only represents half of what I pulled out. I decided to take a picture of what was left after having gone through half of the pile (with gloves on of course). I could understand why these machines malfunction and need repair after seeing what people throw in them. I suspect all this stuff ended up in some internal reject bin in the machine. There were batteries, paper clips, pills, candy, paper, toothpicks, key chains, medals, and other miscellaneous items. But a whole bunch of coins.

Many of the coins were damaged - bent, clipped, or with splits in them. Some of them were so badly gunked up they weren't worth the time to clean. However, once I pulled out what was salvageable, I ended up with about $32.00 in spendable US cash (second picture). There was also $4.21 in Canadian coins and a few miscellaneous foreign coins, an elongated cent, and a couple of medals. Alas - no silver but several wheat cents.

I was kind of fun going through the mess to see what I would find.

Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2019  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add santafeboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing anyone would throw this in the trash what a find!!
Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats insane!
Page: of 273 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05