Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,237 / Views: 385,793Next Topic
Page: of 283
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I pulled $2.25 from a coinstar machine last night including a 1962 silver dime!
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11070 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  01:51 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was the only coin in the reject tray:

In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This week, I found a Proof Grant Presidential dollar at the bank counter. It was dirty, but the shiny fields were easy to spot. I also found several Native American dollars.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This was the only coin in the reject tray:

Quote:
This week, I found a Proof Grant Presidential dollar at the bank counter. It was dirty, but the shiny fields were easy to spot. I also found several Native American dollars.
Nice finds!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11070 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  03:14 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm speechless. I'm usually lucky to find one rotten Zincoln but have now struck Coinstar silver on back-to-back days!

It was a different location, too.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
576 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats spruitt very nice finds. When I first started checking machines I really did not expect much. Well over the last I guess 2 years or so I have managed with yesterdays find 100 silver dimes 9 of which are Mesrcury.I think it will be tough to fill another 50 coin tube but we will see.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
576 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the first one trying for the second hundred.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7622 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yet to find an silver in a British coinstar machine!

Got something today anyway - 15p in spending money plus a 1993 zincoln and 22 cents from various Eurozone countries!

Actually, when I checked the eurocent coins, there were four I needed for my collection: two Belgian, one Dutch and one Portuguese - so it was a pretty good haul!
Edited by NumisRob
10/04/2020 06:06 am
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the first one trying for the second hundred.
Nice start.

Quote:
Got something today anyway - 15p in spending money plus a 1993 zincoln and 22 cents from various Eurozone countries!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
576 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked these up last week 2 different days 2 different machines.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked these up last week 2 different days 2 different machines.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2592 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife was making Greek Pizza tonight when we discovered we didn't have any hummus to put on them. (They are really good!) So, I ran out to the store for some hummus. On the way out I checked the Coin Star reject tray and found some coins in it.

Since I was in a hurry, I just stuck the coins in my pocket and headed out to my car. After getting home and delivering the hummus I took the coins out of my pocket. There were some assorted modern coins, a five cent piece from the Bahamas and a coin that resulted in an audible, "Holy Crap!"

I found myself holding a 1907 Barber dime. It is beat up and worn, but I never expected to ever pull a coin like this out of a Coin Star. It sure made my day.

Once again, I'd love to know the story of how it ended up in the reject tray.

I should add, to top it off, on the way to my car I also found a clad dime in the parking lot.

Paul Bulgerin
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Page: of 283 Previous TopicReplies: 4,237 / Views: 385,793Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05