Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,333 / Views: 396,921Next Topic
Page: of 289
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2691 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently pulled out a rare U.S. Six Cents piece - a nickel stuck to a cent.

It's going on eBay as an unknown rare type for $25,000.
Paul Bulgerin
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BostonCornhusker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I have a story for everyone. It started at a bank's coin counting machine, so I guess this is the most appropriate place for it.

I just finished CRH a box of halves, and I was at my dump bank to run $499 through their coin sorting machine (I found 2 NIFCs). In the discharge tray, I found a Canadian dime, so I'm already feeling alright.

I ran the halves through the sorter, and came up $1.50 short. I took my ticket up to the teller to get the $497.50, and I let her know her machine may be off a little. A second teller volunteers to open the machine, and finds my missing halves. While she's doing that, the first teller says, "I have some foreign coins that are going in the trash. Did you want them?" So, she proceeds to hand me the "foreign" coins from a bag already in the trash: $1.20 Canadian, 2 Euros, and $3.30 US (one coin a Sacagawea, and another a Susan B. Anthony). I then told her if she ever has foreign coins she plans on throwing away, I'll take them.

Anyway, I've included pictures below. I didn't strike it rich, but what a fun day. And, because I know there are quarter hunters here, that 2020 Salt River Bay has a "P" mintmark.

Happy hunting, everyone!
BC

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2691 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice story. Thanks for sharing it.
Paul Bulgerin
Learn More...
United States
94533 Posts
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BostonCornhusker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another Coinstar score. I just stopped in Saturday 30min before the store closed, and found the following:

- Regular pennies x15
- Copper pennies x4
- Wheat pennies x1
- Dimes x1
- $0.35 Canadian
- One 1982 20 pence coin
- One 10 Won coin (S.Korea)

Happy hunting, everyone
Learn More...
United States
94533 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another Coinstar score. I just stopped in Saturday 30min before the store closed, and found the following:
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5372 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A local Coinstar reject slot yielded 25 cents US, one each Mexico 1 and 2 peso coins, and a silver 1959-D dime. Free silver is always welcome!
Learn More...
United States
94533 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A local Coinstar reject slot yielded 25 cents US, one each Mexico 1 and 2 peso coins, and a silver 1959-D dime. Free silver is always welcome!
Excellent!
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BostonCornhusker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the silver, Jaobler! I'm always hoping the next coin will be silver, but so far I have yet to find my first one. I'll post a pic if I ever pull one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add deadmunny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steel penny, 1963 Rosie, and a 2009S Proof clad quarter released to the wild.
Edited by deadmunny
12/05/2020 4:12 pm
Learn More...
United States
94533 Posts
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mountainman 2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spotted something shiny in the coinstar at my local Walmart. The return slot was so full of coins there were a few on the floor. At least 3 scoops later, I stuffed about $24.00 in clad into my pants pocket. Amazing what people leave behind around the holidays. No silver but 5 wheatbacks.
Edited by mountainman 2
12/06/2020 8:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4112 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mountainman2, impressive haul, I'd take that any day.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Learn More...
United States
94533 Posts
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BostonCornhusker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mountainman 2, that is really something! I can't believe that much was left behind. Makes you wonder how much was dumped in to begin with!

And, deadmummy hit paydirt with that silver!

I'm jealous of the both of you!
Page: of 289 Previous TopicReplies: 4,333 / Views: 396,921Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05