Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,380 / Views: 406,787Next Topic
Page: of 292
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1675 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
War Nickel!

Ah yes, nothing like a bit of freeee silver......
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
United States
1774 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wondering about the stone in that pendant...
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AgInkling21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My results from visiting three coinstars after work:

One clad dime from nineteen hundred and eighty three.

At least it was ten cents.
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11477 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
War Nickel!

Yep. Kind of rare, I suppose, since they should not be rejected simply for being a War Nickel (as pointed out here recently).

Quote:
Wondering about the stone in that pendant...

I did briefly, as well, but the pendant appears to be copper and was most likely plated with silver or something similar before it all got worn off. I think it's safe to assume that valuable gemstones aren't set into plated jewelry, or even most sterling jewelry for that matter. In any case, I still have it, too.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AgInkling21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's finds:

- 1998 D dime
- 1981 P dime

20 cents!
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michello454 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work at a grocery store and we have a coin star. If it messes up, I am the one with the key who is going in to figure out why it isn't working, clean the coins out of the hopper and push them down into the crate if it's over flowing. My best find was about a year ago from our coin star machine - an 1830 Large Cent Penny. About a month ago I know the machine got "stuck" so they had to open it up. I guess the person had left. I wasn't there that night, but inside was 10 silver dollars. They know I like the coins so they saved 9 of them for me! They were mostly Ikes.
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I work at a grocery store and we have a coin star. If it messes up, I am the one with the key who is going in to figure out why it isn't working, clean the coins out of the hopper and push them down into the crate if it's over flowing.
Lucky!

Quote:
They were mostly Ikes.

Great finds!
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found some interesting items in the local Coinstar this afternoon:

- JFK Medal
- Bridge fare token
- Greece 1978 2 Drachmai
- Germany 1878-J 5 Pfennig
- Germany 1924-D 5 Pfennig
- Canada 1993 10 Cents
- 2 Lincoln cents and 1 Quarter

The German 1878 5 Pfennig coin is my oldest Coinstar find.

Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1675 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found some interesting items in the local Coinstar this afternoon:

- JFK Medal

Nice JFK Medal - wonder why someone was trying to shove that into the Coinstar machine -
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tnt- When I first saw that center coin "5", I thought it was a Shield nickel! Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, the local supermarket Coinstar had a few coins in it, but only these two were interesting...my first two "good" finds of 2021.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I was about to shrug off today's reject tray find, but then something caught my eye. Do you see what I see?

Wow, spruett001! Very rare to find a War Nickel in a Coinstar... did you weigh it by chance? I've only found one ever and that one was plated with some substance, making it outside of the tolerances for the machine.

Quote:

The German 1878 5 Pfennig coin is my oldest Coinstar find.

Wow, tnt! That is a neat find... my oldest is a 1913 European Large Penny from my famous pre-Christmas silver bonanza 3 years ago.

Quote:

My best find was about a year ago from our coin star machine - an 1830 Large Cent Penny

Wow, Michello454! That's amazing! And welcome to the forum.
Out of curiosity, jbuck or someone who knows the history, any idea what the oldest coin found in a Coinstar is here?
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Page: of 292 Previous TopicReplies: 4,380 / Views: 406,787Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05