Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,370 / Views: 405,823Next Topic
Page: of 292
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1605 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know much about Canadian coins but that Quarter is a great find!
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
United States
5442 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two Coinstars yielded a 5 Euro cent coin, a Japan "1" aluminum coin, a handful of corroded brass washers, about 40 cents assorted US pocket change, and two silver coins: a 1959-D dime and a 1964-D quarter. This is I think the first silver quarter I've found in a Coinstar.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1605 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a handful of corroded brass washers,

LOL, desperate times I guess!

Quote:
and two silver coins: a 1959-D dime and a 1964-D quarter. This is I think the first silver quarter I've found in a Coinstar.

Congrats on the free silver

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Two Coinstars yielded a 5 Euro cent coin, a Japan "1" aluminum coin, a handful of corroded brass washers, about 40 cents assorted US pocket change, and two silver coins: a 1959-D dime and a 1964-D quarter.
Excellent!
Quote:
This is I think the first silver quarter I've found in a Coinstar.
Congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So an unusual, very lucky Coinstar find for me today... there was an old 1971 British Penny sitting on the ledge of the machine, but the reject bin was empty.

However, there were five coins in the left part of the area where you pour the coins in, two of which (a lightly-worn, but somewhat discolored-looking nickel and a 1960 Large Date cent) were on the ledge in back of said area - the other three coins were a modern dime and two Zincolns... All of those coins were the normal weights, or within the machine's normal tolerances, indicating to me they never got fed into it.

Not sure what the odds of this are... maybe 1 in 2,600 or so for me locally based on my CRH, but I was happy this little 1943-P War Nickel missed getting fed. A weight of 4.92 grams which would've gotten accepted into the machine if it had gotten dumped in as intended.

CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... I was happy this little 1943-P War Nickel missed getting fed.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4617 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It ain't pretty, but money is money. These 52 broke a long dry spell for me.
Also pictured: some (non-numismatically) interesting crystals of what I'm pretty sure is cupric acetate on one of the Lincolns. I guess this and four of the zincs spent some time in vinegar.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reject tray today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice reject tray, cabowabo! Free silver is what we live for!
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8300 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After a period of Coinstar drought, I found two coins in the reject tray this afternoon!

A 2016 5p (free money!) AND a 2014 Greece 2 cents - this was an addition to my collection!
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got all of these out of one reject tray yesterday. That one coin sounds a little funny when it is mixed in with other coins.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1605 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got all of these out of one reject tray yesterday.

Pretty good score!

Page: of 292 Previous TopicReplies: 4,370 / Views: 405,823Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05