Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,424 / Views: 414,044Next Topic
Page: of 295
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8715 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also found a Roosevelt dime in my local CoinStar today, but, alas, it was a clad one (2006P). Of course, it's more unusual for me in England to get any kind of dime in a CoinStar, and I also got 25p spending money!
Edited by NumisRob
04/19/2021 6:18 pm
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
946 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pancake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, I went to a Quickchange at Heartland Bank that is Reject Trays has 1963D Silver Washington quarters.
Second founds a Silver Quarter from Coinstars.

HAPPY HUNTING!!!
Edited by Pancake
04/29/2021 12:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  07:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Free silver quarter oh so sweet congrats
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After a long dry spell this is my 3rd dime in the last 2 weeks.
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
After a long dry spell this is my 3rd dime in the last 2 weeks.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up this today, my very first of this type from a coinstar reject

A 1906 Indian, G-6 condition.

PS, my record haul of Lincoln Wheat cent rejects ever was 44 from the same coinstar!
Edited by mrwhatisit
05/05/2021 7:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2302 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

WOW! Congrats, mrwhatisit! That's quite unusual for a Coinstar reject. Out of curiosity, does it weigh a lot different than a normal copper cent (3.11 grams)?
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It weighs normally, as it should.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8715 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  08:01 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't equal an IHC or a silver dime, but I did get quite a remarkable haul (by British standards) from my local Coinstar this morning!

- 3.41 in spendable money including a filthy 2002 2p!
- A 1960 English shilling and three old, large-size 5p's (1 x 1979, 2 x 1980)
- A 2000 Spanish 2 euro cents
- A 1967 Canadian centenary cent!

This is the first time I've ever found a pre-decimal coin in a Coinstar. The old shillings and large-size 5p's were demonetised from January 1, 1991. I'm also beginning to wonder whether this particular machine is wrongly adjusted, as this is the third time I've found current bi-metallic pound coins in the reject tray!
Edited by NumisRob
05/06/2021 08:16 am
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fantastic!

Quote:
I can't equal an IHC or a silver dime, but I did get quite a remarkable haul (by British standards) from my local Coinstar this morning!
Still, very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I visited one of the local Walmart stores yesterday. I checked the Coinstar when I walked in and found nothing. After shopping, I saw a woman using it so I just stood and watched and to see if she would leave anything. I kept hearing coins dropping into the reject bin; she did too. She kept taking the coins from the reject bin and putting them back into the feed bin. She did this OVER a dozen times but the 'junk' coins kept getting spit out. I finally walked up to her and asked if they were foreign coins. She showed me her handful of them for three seconds then started to drop them back into the Coinstar, hoping it would take them....eventually. She spoke some type of eastern European language I couldn't understand so I'm pretty sure the 'junk' coins were probably from her homeland, and she didn't understand that Coinstars in America won't take them no matter how many times you fed the machine.
I just shook my head and walked away.
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2021  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad she did not understand you were trying to help. If she had let you get a better look and they were worthwhile, you might have been able to buy them off her.
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found another dandy silver dime, this time a 1956-D in the rejecto bin

It turns out that this is a rpm-002 according to variety vista website; one might see it on the last photo. This is for sure goin in a 2x2...
Page: of 295 Previous TopicReplies: 4,424 / Views: 414,044Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05