Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,425 / Views: 414,259Next Topic
Page: of 295
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this time a 1956-D in the rejecto bin

Wow! That's a fantastic condition dime!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will admit this made my day yesterday. Coinstar reject tray all alone.

Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found another dandy silver dime, this time a 1956-D in the rejecto bin

Quote:
I will admit this made my day yesterday. Coinstar reject tray all alone.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
953 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pancake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This Afternoons, I went to a coinstar at Kroger that is reject tray has a 1940S Old Jefferson nickels and 6 Extra Moneys.

HAPPY HUNTING!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pancake.
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally found a coin in the Coinstar reject slot; the coin was a 1985 Canadian quarter. I was very happy to find it!
Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
953 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pancake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, I went to a Quickchange at Heartland Bank that is reject tray has a 1967 Silver Kennedy half dollars and 2 Eisenhower dollars.

HAPPY HUNTING!!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yesterday, I went to a Quickchange at Heartland Bank that is reject tray has a 1967 Silver Kennedy half dollars and 2 Eisenhower dollars.

I never put coins in a coin counting machine but are they even calibrated for IKE's or Kennedy's anymore?
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked the reject at Walmart and there was nothing in there. I have no luck when it comes to those machines.
Learn More...
United States
100676 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ikes in the wild!

Quote:
I never put coins in a coin counting machine but are they even calibrated for IKE's or Kennedy's anymore?
Almost certainly not the Ikes and probably only for Cu-Ni clad half dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I checked the reject at Walmart and there was nothing in there. I have no luck when it comes to those machines.

The whole key to this IMHO is persistency. Just keep checking... sooner or later you'll find something. Also, make sure to check the areas where they dump the coins in - sometimes they miss those too, and, occasionally coins get stuck on the ledge behind the dump area.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I check the dump area but I forget the reject sometimes.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8731 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing in the Coinstar at my local supermarket today, but someone had left a shopping cart at the far end of the parking lot and hadn't returned it - their 1 coin deposit was still in it! So I wheeled it back to the return point and got the pound!
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nothing in the Coinstar at my local supermarket today, but someone had left a shopping cart at the far end of the parking lot and hadn't returned it - their 1 coin deposit was still in it! So I wheeled it back to the return point and got the pound!

I was an expat living in Aberdeen, Scotland between '02 and '05. At the local Sainsbury's, as I was leaving I'd glance around for carts that hadn't been returned - a minute or two of my time, and 1 each for my trouble!
Page: of 295 Previous TopicReplies: 4,425 / Views: 414,259Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05