Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,475 / Views: 423,130Next Topic
Page: of 299
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great!
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pennyweight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just for grins I contacted Coinstar and asked if they would sell their collected change for cash. They politely said no. I suggested that they start selling their silver collected for spot prices to interested parties, once again, the polite etc.

I think they know they have a good thing going. What with the occasional stolen coin collections going into their machines, which they would never report to the cops, they make good money off of their business.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9195 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After a long drought, I walked past the Coinstar machine at my local supermarket this afternoon and saw there were quite a lot of coins in the reject tray! I scooped them out and was a little surprised and disappointed that there were no foreign coins... but there was 86p in spendable money! I've never had so many 5p coins at once from a Coinstar machine!
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, here is another bit of free silver again for me, a mid-AU 1940-P quarter this morning at coinstar.

Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, here is another bit of free silver again for me, a mid-AU 1940-P quarter this morning at coinstar.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1049 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to a coin show today and dropped $71.00 on some coins that I'll never get my money back for, but.......on the way home I stopped at a Walmart and found $1.66 in USA coins, $0.30 in Canadian, 5-kurus from Turkey, and 5-? from Confederation Helvetica (whatever that is) from a Coinstar machine.

Now THAT'S income!
Edited by atticguy
08/06/2021 4:35 pm
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey atticguy, that confederato helivicta is ftom switzerland, and is a 5 rappen denomination, essentially their nickel
Pillar of the Community
United States
1049 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank-you mrwhatisit!
Pillar of the Community
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll post the pic later on an incredible haul today at the coinstar where I work... There was a massive dump of just quarters, dimes, and nickels totalling a whopping $45.25 all in the reject bin! So I wonder if the poor person using it didn't know how to use it properly, or the machine malfunctioned and spat out all that...I am also perplexed as to how the person using it for the life of me didn't hear anything go to reject bin No silver in this haul, but there were 2 Canadian quarters 1968 (nickel) and 1973...

Here is the picture...

Edited by mrwhatisit
08/09/2021 11:55 am
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1049 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually DO NOT think it's actually possible for that amount of coinage to fit in a CoinStar reject bin.
Otherwise, congrats on the huge find.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5605 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Supermarket Coinstar reject slot had a nice handful of coins today: $1.66 in assorted US coins, three 2-Eurocent coins, two Mexico 1-peso, a Mexico 5 pesos, and one silver: a 1964-D Roosevelt dime. I'll take it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2356 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the silver find Jaobler! I've had no luck finding silver lately... found a clad quarter in a reject bin yesterday, 2 dimes and four cents in a dump bin today...

And I did one time have a dump of foreign coins (mostly European ones) similar to the one mrwhatisit had. Around 200 coins total with a value at the time of about $50 in US currency. It took me 6 scoops with my hands to get them all into my sweatshirt pockets.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
08/14/2021 5:34 pm
Page: of 299 Previous TopicReplies: 4,475 / Views: 423,130Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05