Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 273
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2012  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First time I've ever seen someone use a coinstar today - didnt get to go check it for rejects, unfortunately.
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2012  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add florida to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recently found a 1943-S cent on the Coinstar machine. Someone just left it, not realizing it's still a penny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2012  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BenByfield! My trade buddy :)

I always linger around and check after people use them. I always check the coinstars!
Foreigns, 1943 steelies, a silver dime, I have had good luck!
And when it's empty, I still get the excitement of the possibility!
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2012  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Checked one yesterday. $0.37 on top feeding area. The dime slipped through but I got the quarter and pennies. Nothing good though. Oh well, free money :P
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2012  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jram to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a Mercury dime the other day, my first silver!
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2012  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alright! That's a hot find! Keep checking that tray, you never know what will be in there!
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2012  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cmgiscool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Score today! As I walked into safeway to grab some avocados I saw a man tossing coins in a coinstar. I checked the tray when he was done and inside were 3 zinclons, a slightly beat up 1964-D roosie and a 1943-P 35% War Nickle. Not coins I needed for my books but its still $4 in silver!
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2012  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heck yeah! Silver for free is always a win!!
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2012  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Larryh86GT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A Canadian quarter and penny on todays check.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3343 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2012  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Broseph-the magnet underneath the coin tray at TD bank catches all the post 68 canadian and all the other foreign coins that people dump. the staff dont empty it until the end of the day so if lots of people have dumped that day you can find some good stuff! I am told someone found a 3 cent peice caught between two other magnetic coins one time!
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2012  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone tried to meet up with the person who collects from the machine?

I'd be happy to pay exact face to the guy in currency for the privilege of looking through all the dumped coins.

I need to start this practice myself.
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2012  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If only dreams came true
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2012  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DimeHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds. One time I walked by a Coinstar and checked the reject box, and I found a nice looking Mercury dime in there! That made my day.
Page: of 273 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05