Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,535 / Views: 431,890Next Topic
Page: of 303
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12062 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  01:05 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was just a single coin in the reject tray the other day, but it happened to be a keeper!

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There was just a single coin in the reject tray the other day, but it happened to be a keeper!
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2386 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, spruett001! Nothing like free silver!

As for me, there was a lone dime in the local CVS Coinstar reject bin on Wednesday morning... was just going to throw it in my spending money since it was obviously a clad, however, the year on it had other intentions...

So a 2009-D dime to add to the small pile.

Early this afternoon, went to one of the local supermarkets... felt inside the Coinstar's reject bin and there was a single, bigger coin inside, pulled it out, looked at it and grinned nice and big!

I rarely find silver quarters in Coinstars, so this little 1962-D made my Friday a little brighter!
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
10/15/2021 5:23 pm
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So a 2009-D dime to add to the small pile.

Quote:
I rarely find silver quarters in Coinstars, so this little 1962-D made my Friday a little brighter!
Excellent finds!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9586 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds, guys!

Nothing exciting for me today but I did get an ordinary 2014 5p in my local Coinstar machine. Still, it's all free money!
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nothing exciting for me today but I did get an ordinary 2014 5p in my local Coinstar machine. Still, it's all free money!
Free money is good.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
958 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I need to start checking the Coinstar's, you guys are killing it!
-makecents-
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had been checking them for years with no luck.

Since the pandemic I have been doing curbside pickup or delivery, so I have no idea what the inside of the store looks like now or if the Coinstar is even still there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got all of this from one reject tray today. No silver.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got all of this from one reject tray today. No silver.
Free Money!
Pillar of the Community
United States
644 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone ever thought about cutting out a small square of felt material and then surreptitiously pasting it to the bottom of the reject tray, thus making it more difficult for users to hear rejected coins dropping into the tray?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12062 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only finds from recent excursions:

7 pesos and a nearly unrecognizable Jefferson nickel...

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
captainrich, I was literally thinking the same thing some time ago
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Has anyone ever thought about cutting out a small square of felt material and then surreptitiously pasting it to the bottom of the reject tray, thus making it more difficult for users to hear rejected coins dropping into the tray?

Quote:
The only finds from recent excursions:
That nickels is... well... at least the Mexican pesos are decent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got these this morning.
Page: of 303 Previous TopicReplies: 4,535 / Views: 431,890Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: