Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,535 / Views: 432,654Next Topic
Page: of 303
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds. I now want to do the felt thing at the Walmart. With the stuff going on in there no one will notice in that 3 employee store.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12063 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a nice little surprise today.

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Besides the 2 free quarters, Id love to find anything Barber in a coinstar !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12063 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Id love to find anything Barber in a coinstar

I think it's my first. I've found a Merc before, but no Barbers till today. I was in a big drought for a while and kinda gave up looking, but have had some luck lately. Never give up!
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
645 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not unusual for me to find Canadian coins in the reject tray of my local Coinstar, but last week I found an old one and immediately saw the "dot" after the date. The nickel was found last week in the tray of the Coinstar inside the Foodlion in Fairmont, WV.

Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are two more silver dimes to add
1962-D and 1964 from three days ago and today.

I have found 3 Mercs at this coinstar, a 1918-D in G-4, a 1923 in G-4, and a 1940 in XF

And to captainrich, it's nice to find better Canadian coins in there; my best 1947 find was a quarter from there with the maple leaf.
Edited by mrwhatisit
10/31/2021 7:49 pm
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Years ago I found 12 silver dimes in the tray at the coinstar: 10 roosevelts and 2 mercs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At my local bank, one of the tellers knows I will take any foreign coin rejects from their coin counter off their hands. As I searched through the lot of coins they gave me this past weekend, I set a personal record for oldest U.S. coin found in circulation: an 1875 Indian Head cent. It's corroded, but I had a big smile on my face when I recognized it as an Indian Head cent.

The previous oldest U.S. coin found in circulation record for me was an 1891 Indian Head cent found at my first job, at a grocery store, by one of the cashiers.
Edited by SilverRoosevelt
11/01/2021 12:15 am
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stopped at the coinstar yesterday and found around a dollar in loose change. The oldest coin was a 1949 nickel. There was also a 10 cent from Barbados.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2387 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found a nice little surprise today. I was in a big drought for a while and kinda gave up looking, but have had some luck lately. Never give up!

Nice find on the Barber dime, spruett001! A Barber of any sort is still on my CS bucket list...and yes, never give up! The droughts do happen, but they always eventually end if you're consistently checking them.

Quote:
but last week I found an old one and immediately saw the "dot" after the date.

Nice find on the 1947 dot, Canadian nickel, captainrich! I'm still searching for my first old Canadian in a CS.

Quote:
These are two more silver dimes to add
1962-D and 1964 from three days ago and today.

Great finds mrwhatisit! Free silver is where it's at!

Quote:

Stopped at the coinstar yesterday and found around a dollar in loose change. The oldest coin was a 1949 nickel.

It's rare to find an old nickel in the reject bin simply because they all weigh the same... usually, the only way you get one is if someone's feeding the coins in too fast and it finds its way into the bin that way.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
11/01/2021 6:51 pm
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Stopped at the coinstar yesterday and found around a dollar in loose change. The oldest coin was a 1949 nickel. There was also a 10 cent from Barbados.
Fun finds.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5674 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Supermarket Coinstar had a single Zincoln cent in the reject tray, but sitting on the machine counter was a 1946 Canada dime. I have no problem taking silver coins from any country.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Page: of 303 Previous TopicReplies: 4,535 / Views: 432,654Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: