Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,223 / Views: 382,741Next Topic
Page: of 282
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2012  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had my first find today. At the grocery store. Not in the reject slot, but on the flat space near the feeder. A chewed up cent from the 90's, a really green 64 Jefferson and a 5 cent Euro. Not bad. Inspired by this thread I started paying attention to these machines two weeks, or so, ago.

I have an affinity with green coins (no Earthly reason I should, I just do.) so I'll keep the nickel, use the chewed up cent to refill a roll I've searched, and I'll throw the Euro into a jar of foreign coins I have.

Great fun.

Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2012  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds! Glad to have another CRH saving odd coins from being throw to the wayside!
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2012  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cravenfan07 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was surprised to have to use my whole hand at the Coinstar the other day. Hopes were high, but alas not a lot of quality, just quantity! About twenty five cents in change, mostly US Lincolns and one US clad dime. A 1941 wheatie was a nice grab, but the real surprise was in the zincolns - a 2000 WAM. I have searched whole bags of pennies and whiffed on WAMS, so to find one in the reject bin was a surprise!
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2012  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First find a bent clad dime. Lol oh well. My roomie had 2 silver.dimes i. His reject bin when he cashed his in the other day. Theres a half dozen of these machines alk over town here. I m gonb start a.route for checking them when I come into town. Cant hurt nething. Except my gas tank lol
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cmgiscool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My girlfriend got lucky with the coinstar at work. She found me a 1943 s steel cent, two one dollar gambling tokens from reno, a strsngly damaged dime, a british 50 pence piece, a loony, and a small polish coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2012  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! sweet finds! Who has a reno token in their change jug? lol
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  02:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DobermanOwner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was in Walmart Christmas shopping and on my way out I saw a guy dumping change in the coinstar, so I walked over to the redbox next to it and waited for him to finish. I kept hearing coins getting returned. I hoped he wasn't going to notice, but when he was done dumping, he reached in and grabbed it all. He then dropped it back in the machine and it got returned again. He grabbed out all of the coins and put them in his pocket, except two. I walked over when he was done, snatched them out and looked... A copper Lincoln cent sandwich... Bummer!! Oh well, I'll soak them to separate them and toss 'em in the jar. I wish I had a dollar bill on me, I would have offered him the crisp bill for all his "reject" coins.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DobermanOwner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went into Dillons to pick up some party supplies and walked past the coinstar. Nothing in the return, but I saw a shiny quarter underneath the machine. Picked up a 1984-p quarter. Free money!
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put an ad ob Cl fir old coins and paper money. I got camtacted by thus gal who works at a bank. She saves all the old money for me and gets.me first dibbs on the reject bag fron their coin counter.
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, wish I could get a reject bag!
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2012  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a VF 1939P Lincoln on the floor under my grocery Coinstar today. Made me smile.
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a handful of mostly canadian change recently. A little over $1.80, got a nice 2001 CA dime, those are nice :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just checked one today - only a 2000 P dime.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7725 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2001 CA dime......cameo ?
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Learn More...
United States
90259 Posts
Page: of 282 Previous TopicReplies: 4,223 / Views: 382,741Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05