Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 264
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2012  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last week I got a 1964d dime from a Coinstar. Second silver find for me from one (another 1964 dime).
Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2012  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bookshelf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I found a game token featuring a crown and coat of arms and a slug from an electrical box.
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2013  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was think about putting a sign up on or near my local coinstars that ill count and buy change at no fee just so I can dig through it. I do pretty good on reject trays around here so I cant imagine what makes it through. Has any one else tried this?
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2013  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ninetwosix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't believe people leave money behind like this. I was skeptical at finding anything in these machines, but out of curiosity I walked past a machine at my local store and to my surprise found a '64 dime.
Edited by ninetwosix
01/06/2013 2:09 pm
Valued Member
United States
120 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2013  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jlafever to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bank mini-branch at the grocery store. I'm picking up some rolls to sort on a rainy Sunday and a guy and his little son are making a Coinstar dump. The reject tray is clinking, the little boy passes the rejects to dad who puts them back. I'm about 10 feet away closing out my transaction of rolls & any loose halves & dollars the teller has. I offer the guys 3 Presidential dollars for he rejects, the dad says its junk the boy's eyes light up at the gold dollars. Long story short, I'm now the proud owner of;

1 x 64' Washington quarter
2 x 64' - D Roosevelt dimes
1x 5 cent Euro

Along with some State Quarters & Canadian dimes.

Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds everyone! Keep pulling that silver!!
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
271 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OddCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a nice 1943 Steelie once... Kind of odd here in Canada. I also recall finding King George pennies, not rare but still a cool find.
Edited by OddCoins
01/07/2013 5:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Goldenchest said:
I was think about putting a sign up on or near my local coinstars that ill count and buy change at no fee just so I can dig through it. I do pretty good on reject trays around here so I cant imagine what makes it through. Has any one else tried this?

I want to offer the Coinstar guy cash for the total collected. I'd be curious to see if any good stuff doesn't get rejected.

Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2013  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive asked them here and they wont do it. On the plus side I found a war nickel at my Walmart coinstar today! And a green '89P dime.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2013  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add buddy16cat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 1946 silver Roosie last week in the Coinstar reject bin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, cool stuff. I have worked up the courage to start asking some people who are using CS machines if I can buy their rejects. I started because some people put them through until it finally takes them.
So far just some canadians, but maybe eventually I will get something good!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome guys!! Great luck! I always check the ones around here and have yet to find a single thing...
Valued Member
Canada
189 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inventor719 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have yet to find anything in the coin star reject bin. I live in Canada and, it seems like there is a lot less silver in circulation around here.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2013  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's find, assisted on by my wife who has now become an enthusiast.

Chewed up 194x dime. I thought maybe '46, but I wouldn't swear to it.

The cent is a 1983. It's concave on the obverse and convex on the reverse and has had the copper coating worn off. Still weighs 2.5 grams.

Page: of 264 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05