Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Finds! (Including Bank Counters And Other Machines)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 268
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2013  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WVBlueandGold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely rejects. The bulk of the 70 cents was from 2 banged up State Quarters. I was surprised to see anything in there because I've walked by that machine hundreds of times and I've never actually seen anyone using it. I just started checking the reject bin recently. I had never thought about it until I started roll hunting, which was back in February.
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2013  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
WVBlueandGold

First Coinstar find today. 70 assorted cents including a 64 Roosevelt.

That's about three to five years worth for most people.
Congratulations!
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2013  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ram96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First Finds today. A 2005 2 cent Euro and a 1904 IHC that is pretty beat up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
977 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2013  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broseph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet find on the IHC! I went up to someone using the C* and I asked to buy the rejects. He said I could have the one's that didn't work (and tried some again, unfortunately)

What I got was 5 pence, canadian nickel, and a nudie token that I think would violate the ToS to post!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2013  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rsraghead to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 1904 Indian head last month at a coin star machine in the grocery store
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2013  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bradsbrewer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find! Anytime you find an IHC out in circulation, its pretty cool!

Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2013  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bookshelf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's find was the first in a number of weeks - a 1945 Wheat cent and a 1965 Young Queen Canadian penny.
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2013  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joex481 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2003 canadian dime, a washer, and a beat up LWC
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2013  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CENTertainment to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Checked last night and.....nothing.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2013  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HopelessMagic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had an awesome day at the drop bank. Checked the reject tray and there were a ton of coins. 5 zincolns, 1 steel Wheat penny, Canadian dime and a Canadian $2 coin!
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2013  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelphr33k to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never ever found anything in coinstar return bins. I don't know, maybe Canadians are more anal about checking for rejects? I'm not sure about the US, but where I live, the coinstar machines remind you to check underneath for returned coins.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2013  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HopelessMagic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The machine at our bank reminds the customers audibly but they have it set so low, you can barely hear it. I believe the CoinStars do tell you to check the reject tray but most people don't for some reason. I couldn't explain it.
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2013  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelphr33k to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first coinstar find! A nice shiny 1940 King George the VI Canadian penny! I am from Canada, but still, felt good to find an uncirculated coin of that age.
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2013  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CENTertainment to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 1974 Canadian nickel. Nothing special to my knowledge, but I'll take it.
Page: of 268 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 7.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05