Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Circulation Cameo - Post Yours!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6716 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2012  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy all of these ... offering below a few favorites from my circulated classic US silver commemorative set ...

Long Island

Texas

Oregon Trail

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2012  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woah. I think you just blinded me with the pure aura of those coins
Pillar of the Community
921 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2012  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aardspeed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circulation cameo? Could you explain what that is?

Is this a cameo?

Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2012  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Circulation cameo? Could you explain what that is?

A coin with a circulation cameo has dirt and/or toning covering most of the coin, with light colored wear on the high points which accent the darker field. hope it helps
Pillar of the Community
921 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2012  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aardspeed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info 1967CanadianPenny!
I guess that 1964 Kennedy 1/2 in the pic above is not even close to circulation cameo... I did notice the coin does have a mark in it near the 4, which is a possible die break? It's raised & can be felt.
Any ideas? Would this error make this coin worth more?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2012  04:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steele to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have got to get me one of these. The 1917 SLQ blows me away.
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2012  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add devilsbite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As requested. Cross posted from the Pocket Piece? thread here's my 07 P Adams that's been with me since April 08.

These second photos are using the flash on the camera. While the color is slightly off it's interesting just how different a coins appearance with changes in illumination.

Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2012  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome
Pillar of the Community
United States
7529 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2012  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best I could come up with from my uploaded photo collection...

Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2012  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oooh I love those panamanian balboas
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LogPotato to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so cool!
Learn More...
United States
76344 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have enjoyed looking at all of the new additions to this thread.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1320 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2012  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Winner of the 'Best CCF Thread I've Read Today' award!
Secret Santa!
Upgrading my 7070 never ends!
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LogPotato to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Common date, but I couldn't resist the look.

Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05