Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Roosevelt Dimes

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10724 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  07:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Going through a bunch of Roosevelt dimes we had gathered up over the years, we came across a couple of 1982P dimes we had set aside for some reason or another, have they any value? or just drop them in our change.
Thanks
True North
Learn More...
United States
14316 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  07:23 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe there were some 1982 no "P"s. They should have a mint mark: P, D, or S, so the no "P" was an error.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Night Hawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless they are BU spend them, they made 519,475,000 of them so they are not exactly scarce.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19171 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unless they are BU spend them, they made 519,475,000 of them so they are not exactly scarce.

However, if someone starts hoarding them and accumalates 519,474,998, then the couple he has could then be worth a lot to the person with all the others.
just carl
Valued Member
291 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Senex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IIRC there were no Mint Sets made in 1982 and BU coins from that year sell at a premium.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10724 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies everyone..

That's funny carl..maybe I should keep them... one never knows.
True North
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BUncirculated to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As stated, the 1982P no mint mark Roosie is an error, and there are believed to be 15,000 released into circulation. Depending on MS condition, or level of MS grade, some can be valued as much as $300 in Gem Uncirculated.
Edited by BUncirculated
09/28/2012 6:19 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19171 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As stated, the 1982P no mint mark Roosie is an error, and there believed to be 15,000 released into circulation. Depending on MS condition, or level of MS grade, some can be valued as much as $300 in Gem Uncirculated.

Now here is another thought. If you found one without the P an sent it back to the Mint and they now added the P, would that one be worth even more?
Or would it be classified as an after market P?
just carl
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2012  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsmith23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now here is another thought. If you found one without the P an sent it back to the Mint and they now added the P, would that one be worth even more?

That would be called PMP ;)
Learn More...
United States
84060 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2012  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
IIRC there were no Mint Sets made in 1982 and BU coins from that year sell at a premium.
Correct.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2759 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2012  04:16 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree w/ Senex.... even high quality AU & XF in good strike are hard to find.... if they are from your changes, only cost you 10cents each.... doesn't hurt to put them in a roll and set a side.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2012  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BUncirculated to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

It would be PMD; however, it has a high retail value on eBay and is worth more than an arm and leg to the bidiots there.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19171 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2012  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It would be PMD; however, it has a high retail value on eBay and is worth more than an arm and leg to the bidiots there.

Not true. PMD is Post Mint Damage. It would have to be AMA for After Mint Addon.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1407 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2012  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with some of the others. BU 1982s are worth keeping. No mint sets that year and they do sell for a nice chunk of change. I had a roll of them and sold them all for about $3 each. It did take me a while though. Still there is a market for them
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2012  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BUncirculated to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had a roll of them and sold them all for about $3 each.

$3 each? You took a loss of $2 per roll? Seriously?

Quote:
It did take me a while though.

I would think selling a roll of dimes, with a $5 face value, for $3 wouldn't take long at all. But maybe that's just me.

Quote:
Still there is a market for them

I would imagine QUITE a market for rolls of dimes for $2 under face.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2012  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure posted was meaning $3.00 per coin ...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05