Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 8 Dollar Silver 1.5oz Polar Bear Coin?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3167 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2012  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noahs-numismatics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm. thanks for the heads up dcadon.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1581 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2012  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dialog_gvf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Interesting. Looks like the minimum purchase is a tube of 15. So, $765 + premium.

So, an interesting flipper opportunity.
Valued Member
United States
134 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlatinumDuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those that are still interested, I was told the mintage of these would be 500,000 max. I was able to place my order on Oct. 1 and received my coins today.

I think they are pretty nice looking but that is just my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
567 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpaiva83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin does look nice. What is its diameter?
By chance, does anybody know where we can get one in Canada (at a price that is approaching reasonable)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4230 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
platinum duck, what did they charge you?
Valued Member
Canada
174 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thehulk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None of these have shown up on eBay yet, I search for them every few days.
Valued Member
Canada
348 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brexzz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what price are they?
Valued Member
United States
134 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlatinumDuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The diameter of the coin is about 38.1mm. They are pretty thick coins, about 4.3mm thick.

I purchased 1 Roll of 15 coins for about 68.00 per coin, so there is a premium attached. Due to their thickness I am having trouble finding a capsule to store them safely individually. All mine look great to me so I separated them into flips so as to not cause any damage. If anyone knows of a capsule for slightly thicker coins that would be a great help!

I am surprised that none of these have shown up anywhere else. I would think other people would have them by now. Lear is the only distributor of them in North America so I don't know if that is a factor in people obtaining them or not.

Hopefully some of this info helps. I hope the rest of you that want one are able to obtain them at some point.
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add linekerca to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Platinum Duck, are you in the states? They said they don't ship to Canada, ouch.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'PlatinumDuck' said "I purchased 1 Roll of 15 coins for about 68.00 per coin, so there is a premium attached"

Yup, to say the least, that's about $18/ounce over spot. For a bullion coin, I wasn't impressed. I was expecting to pick up a tube for under $900, but my quote today matched 'PlatinumDuck's' at $68.07/coin (1-1/2ounces)Current spot price I show at Kitco is $34/ounce or $51 per 1-1/2 ounces.
Edited by Dcadon
10/11/2012 8:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3167 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noahs-numismatics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, as a collector coin I like the design (oohh shiny!) and I am curious to see if they will go up/down with the silver prices/collector demand.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At these prices, I'd be up for 2 or 3 coins, not a full tube. (for my collection only!)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3167 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noahs-numismatics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, I agree, I would probably only get one- maybe 2.
36 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jupitermoon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But if the people started to get the coins, and the minimal order is tube of 15 coins, so why nothing appears on the eBay?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3167 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2012  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noahs-numismatics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question.
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05