Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 Goalie Mask 20 Dollar Coins

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 148 / Views: 20,737Next Topic
Page: of 10
Valued Member
Canada
151 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fillurboots to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably my favorite set I own,bought them all from RCM at issue.(One the few things I bought that is worth more then I payed for it lol).Never understood why this set wasn't more popular very few were sold.
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Target50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@fillurboots that's pretty cool that you bought them so long ago. I started collecting coins only a few months ago. Really like this set too and have almost collected all coins accept Montreal. Paid just a little more for my set then you did I bet lol.... It looks amazing on display at home.
Valued Member
Canada
151 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2021  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fillurboots to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trust me we all overpaid for lots of coins lol.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Trust me we all overpaid for lots of coins lol.
Yup.
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Target50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL glad I'm not alone with overpaying!

Well I located the Montreal coin to finish the set, only thing is the COA is missing. How the heck does someone lose the COA.
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SalernoCoinGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see on EBay various coins from the collection listed. Obviously some coins because of the Team and/or rarity are more collectable. Any guesstimates on the value of a complete set?
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6108 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any guesstimates on the value of a complete set?

All six of the Goalie Mask sets are included in the May 30th Auction by Colonial Acres Coins. If you can wait until then, you'll be able to determine the current market for each coin and, from that, the entire set.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Target50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Salernocoinguy I would love to know sppox what the full set is worth too.

Anyone catch the Auction? Unfortunately I didn't see this till today or would have checked out the auction.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6108 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the auction results for the Goalie Mask Coins (all prices CAD):

1. Calgary Flames:		$122.72 w/ Buyer's Premium
2. Edmonton Oilers:		$122.72 w/ Buyer's Premium
3. Vancouver Canucks:		$122.72 w/ Buyer's Premium
4. Ottawa Senators:		$126.26 w/ Buyer's Premium
5. Montreal Canadiens:		$501.50 w/ Buyer's Premium  (Against Estimate of $450)
6. Toronto Maple Leafs:	        Did Not Sell (Opening Bid: $249.00; Estimate of $500)

The original issue price for each coin was $74.95 CAD - $449.70 for the set of six.

From the prices realized I listed above, it appears the current price for the six would be in the $1,250-$1,500 range.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/22/2021 10:05 pm
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Target50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Commems

At the prices shown I would have bought all of the without even thinking about it.

If Toronto is still available I will buy it!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6108 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At the prices shown I would have bought all of the without even thinking about it.

Don't forget, it was an auction. Who knows how high the bidding would have gone if just one other interested bidder was present?

All it takes is two collectors who desperately want a coin to bid it up to incredible levels! I've sat at auctions and watched two collectors go at it and raise the final price of a lot to multiple of its expected price! If one of them wasn't a bidder, the coin would likely have sold for much less.

Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2021  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Target50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True enough with Auctions you never know. Still sad I missed it. Maybe next time!

Cheers
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 148 / Views: 20,737Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05