Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eisenhower PCGS MS Set Complete!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2785 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  12:51 pm Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all. I have just completed my second coin set- the Eisenhower dollar! All 34 issues are presented in mint state as graded by PCGS. I'm very proud of this set. What an adventure!

My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Edited by Darth Morgan
10/19/2012 12:44 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats on completing the set!

That is one amazing looking set of coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9116 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set! I can think of at least one CCF member that will be drooling more than the rest of us...
Member SSDC, TNA
Pillar of the Community
United States
3406 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very, very hard set to complete in the above grades. Challenging set, to say the least. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding==================== You say that this is your second set, is your first set graded also. In any event it is impressive.

I'm working on a set for my Dansco album and am having a time locating the coins. But that's part of the fun.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1704 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gyrene7483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

Ed
ANA LM-3175
Learn More...
United States
80815 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh! My! Goodness!

You are my new hero.

Congratulations on the milestone. That is a phenomenal set.

One of my long term plans is to build one to supplement (not to replace, of course) my Eisenhower Dansco album. Now I have this thread to remind me what that goal could get me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1342 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darth, which is the one you're most proud of? Was it the hardest to get?
Secret Santa!
Upgrading my 7070 never ends!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2785 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ghost rider- no, I only have this set of Ikes. My first completed set was the Franklin halves (ungraded). The one I'm the most proud of is the 1974-S silver MS-67. The "whiteness" of the coin is just outstanding. The 1977-D is also very nice, even though it is only MS-64. It really has lots of luster for a business strike. I would even say that, just glancing at it, it almost looks proof-like. None were hard to get, as all of them are readily available on eBay. I spent just shy of $900 on this set.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Pillar of the Community
United States
3433 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my! That is a beautiful set of Ikes! I have put together two sets, but in Danscos. I will have to work on doing an ANACS set.

Ooooo, betcha I could put together an MS70/PF70 from SGS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1769 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and a big congrats to you, niceeeee set thanks for sharing the picture
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12932 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the pics now I have to start an Ike set

Jbuck can you disable me from being able to see pictures?

In all seriousness congratulations, great looking set you have there
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
5850 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! The set is amazing!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10213 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great googly moogly. That is one awesome set. Well done!
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MacCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is one awesome complete set! How long did it take you to complete it?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3167 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2012  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noahs-numismatics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Congrats! That is one awesome set!
I'm jealous!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05