Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 1,725 / Views: 145,271Next Topic
Page: of 115
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Has the silver ring

How do you do this without potentially damaging the coin?
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1137 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Drop it down lightly and hear the "Ding"

I have plenty of scrap silver coins to compare it with.

That coin was hardly in perfect nick to start with, it has attracted so much controversy since I got it - yet it is completely legit. At most someone has altered it.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
383 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2020  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely top draw 1895 Bronze Farthing. More colours than a rainbow.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
57 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2020  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hibernianscribe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zoo, that's a lovely farthing!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1137 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree, a lovely piece and a lot better than my 95'
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7281 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  06:53 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes I agree, a lovely piece

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1458 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Low grade Godless Florin pickup.

Ken
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1137 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More additions to my Halfcrown Family

Very worn scarce 1835 Halfcrown (Seller's photo)

Insanely and unbelievably worn 1821 Halfcrown - mainly to fill spaces as I need this type. This has it all - nearly complete wear, cleaning and a big scratch, a coin that will enter its 3rd century limping and hobbling along!
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
More additions to my Halfcrown Family
Nice adds!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
383 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scarcer type Reverse B D of IND to gap 1937 .500 Silver proof two shillings. George VI

Valued Member
United Kingdom
409 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  04:26 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1857 Halfpenny with the type B reverse, identified by the small incuse dots on and above the shield:

Valued Member
United Kingdom
409 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7281 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PaddyB - I assume your 1933 penny is a replica!

Or is it in the same category as my 1961 halfpenny?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
409 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2020  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - a replica I assume. It turned up in a box of very cheap foreign coins, but gave me a jump when I spotted it. Good conversation piece.
Page: of 115 Replies: 1,725 / Views: 145,271Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05