Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,897 / Views: 155,558Next Topic
Page: of 127
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This one brought to me in the market today is not bad - 1914 Florin:
Beautiful!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1650 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing sixpence and Florin there guys - those are beautiful finds. Wish I lived near those types of "markets"!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3988 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This will be my wife's Christmas present for her Tudor/Stuart OFER collection. Phillip & Mary shilling. Not so lovely as many coins posted upthread, but in any grade higher than this, becomes a budget buster. At least the portraits are both pretty good (especially Mary).

Valued Member
United Kingdom
409 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Copper Half Penny 1826 George IV

Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This will be my wife's Christmas present for her Tudor/Stuart OFER collection.
Lucky gal!

Quote:
Nice Copper Half Penny 1826 George IV
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1650 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a couple this week

gVF 1907 Penny, nice and cheap - a cute piece

1987 BU set, this is another new direction for me - getting all the sets of coins for the UK post decimal.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9086 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  01:44 am  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed on the lucky wife!!

Since Halloween is coming up here, I present to you...

the Ghost of George III!

Another imitation '1775' halfpenny

All that you can see on the obverse is George's ghost; probably a combination of circulation wear and a very, very shallow strike (on purpose) -- it doesn't even really resemble most GIII busts, with old George having almost no chin or nose, no neckline to speak of, and a long flat almost vertical forehead. Spooky!

On Britannia's side, the date is particularly scary; the tops of the 1 and 5 are embedded in the lowest exergue line, the 1st 7 is recut heavily over another 7, and the 1 is way too far left. The dies are cut a bit deeper here, with actual attempts at having some sort of detail, but overall, it's frightfully delightfully terrible!

Perhaps someone passing that bogus halfcrown 45 years later may have received this in change, and a measure of numismatic/economic justice was meted out...

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since Halloween is coming up here, I present to you... the Ghost of George III! Another imitation '1775' halfpenny
Very interesting!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1650 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just another little baggie of coins from a stamp auction!

3 silver coins, 1908 shilling Fine, 1919 6d gVF, 1892 6d worn

Some good coppers 1907 d about VF, 1916 d full VF
Pennies, 1903 gFine, 1913 VF and 1917 VF+

Not bad for NZ $12 in total.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just another little baggie of coins from a stamp auction! ... Not bad for NZ $12 in total.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
409 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unlisted Victoria Copper Penny 1841 D/I in DEF AEF for grade.

Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unlisted Victoria Copper Penny 1841 D/I in DEF AEF for grade.
Lovely!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1650 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I can see it, stunning and a very nice piece.

Meanwhile my latest, features the other end of her reign

I picked this 1900 Florin up at a good price (sellers photo, I would never hold a coin like that unless it was modern base metal).

Even funnier was it had 48 bids before me, as the seller started it at 50 cents and silly people kept going up in 50 cent increments, I do one bid 8 minutes before closing and get it, the 2 people fighting over it will be mad.

Although no lustre is present, this coin is a solid VF maybe a high aVF for me and much better than my other Old head florins. It cost $33 NZ.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7730 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice florin, Princetane - like the way you can still see the edge of the hair and necklace - those start merging into the portrait when Veiled Head coins get a bit more worn!
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Meanwhile my latest, features the other end of her reign
Excellent!
Page: of 127 Previous TopicReplies: 1,897 / Views: 155,558Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.99 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05