Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,245 / Views: 178,958Next Topic
Page: of 150
United Kingdom
16 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Upinsmoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Another added to the collection.
United Kingdom
16 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Upinsmoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

And another both are in tip top condition.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
477 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A chance buy 15 from a completely blurred selling pic. but I had previously bought from this guy so when he said its F-GF I think money well spent. Just lately the popularity in gothic florins has hit new heights even VG examples are trading 30+ and more for the elusive dates. Here is a nice honest unlisted variety 1859 .925 silver example of the(2,500,000)est coins struck for that year. Variety type C/higher C in date

Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone is doing well! Lovely six pence adds, Upinsmoke!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
142 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are non-official enamelled coins considered blasphemy?
Don't want to post something that will get me removed from polite society..
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2670 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Upinsmoke - great pair of coins, what lustre!

Zookeeperz, love your Gothic Florin (My favourite of all the Florins and nice example with your investigation of the letters.

Gainn - I am not a fan of enamelled pieces, but no law against showing them, enamelling coins was quite popular in the late Victorian and Edwardian eras and the over elaborate designs of that era were perfect for enamelling.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8797 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins, everyone!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
142 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few that are enamelled but this is by far my favourite.

I know they're not to everyone's taste, but I appreciate the effort and skill involved.
And probably better to be treasured than melted.
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are non-official enamelled coins considered blasphemy?
I say go ahead and post them!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
142 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I say go ahead and post them!

Well, one's been up a while and I've not had the Numismatic Police turn up at my door..

Yet..
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like your post slipped in before I replied and refreshed my view!

Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17826 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1793 UK
Penny Warwickshire - Birmingham.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2670 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That enamelled Florin is gorgeous and the colours really set it off.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2416 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  04:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Usually cataloged under Ireland rather than the UK - a case can be made for posting it here too as it shows James II.

It's a half crown (XXX pence) from May 1690.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2670 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, I love gun money and a halfcrown is definitely a nice piece to have. Quite a late date too. I heard all the gun money was devalued at 1/12th its original value after the war in 1691.
Page: of 150 Previous TopicReplies: 2,245 / Views: 178,958Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05