Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,210 / Views: 173,730Next Topic
Page: of 148
Learn More...
United States
99023 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1793 UK Penny Warwickshire - Birmingham.

Quote:
It's a half crown (XXX pence) from May 1690.
Nice pair!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
124 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
half crown (XXX pence) from May 1690.

Ohh, that's nice. May have to hunt one of those down.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
124 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going through the rest of the collection I inherited and.. Well.. Pictures vs words..

Best ones are on the top.
I've only gone through about a quarter of them so far..
Learn More...
United States
99023 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Going through the rest of the collection I inherited and.. Well.. Pictures vs words..
Excellent!

Quote:
I've only gone through about a quarter of them so far..
Valued Member
United Kingdom
124 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The majority of the rest are very crunchy 20 and 21's (with a few that are OK) and 35 and 36's that are all in very good shape.
Are there any years in this lot (22,23,24,28,29,30,31,33,35,36) worth doing individual pics of?

Still got a load of threepences, sixpences and shillings to go through but my brain is starting to switch off.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
599 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of the dates you list, none are particularly difficult Florins to acquire. Inevitably you are missing the scarcer ones - the 1932 is rarer, but not as valuable in relative terms as it was 40 years ago. 1927 is a proof only coin and is expensive. 1934 is not made at all.
The low grade ones fetch only silver value at the moment. If you don't need to part with them, put them aside as so many are being scrapped that eventually they will become scarce and the value will jump!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
124 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you don't need to part with them, put them aside as so many are being scrapped that eventually they will become scarce and the value will jump!

Scrapping Florins with readable dates? Savagery!
No intention of parting with them even if they are mostly common ones. I'm going to see if I can find some proper storage because all I have is one of those generic plastic coinbook things and I want to keep them safe. (anyone with recommended UK vendors for boxes and such?)
On the upside, if 20's and 21's do become sought after I'll be OK because there's about 60 of each of those dates. I won't hold my breath though.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm new to this but I've amassed quite a bit for five months
Learn More...
United States
99023 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Impressive!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
124 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Welcome to the slippery slope.
The second from the left, top row - says 1921 sixpence.. I'm on a tiny screen but isn't that a shilling?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
599 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No - it is a sixpence. The one directly below is a shilling and the one to the right of that is a Florin. GB sixpences had the lion reverse 1911 to 1926.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
124 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No - it is a sixpence. The one directly below is a shilling and the one to the right of that is a Florin. GB sixpences had the lion reverse 1911 to 1926.

Confirmation I need to get a bigger screen, and also that I don't have any of those years *paypal account screams in the distance*.. Normally I'd say it just an excuse to upgrade but I'm using a 15" monitor..
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1919 3 pence, 1921 six, 1957 six, 1966 six 2 1963 1 shilling, 1967 2 shilling, 62 one Penny 66 one Penny, 67 one Penny, 92 two pence, lastly a 65 satin finish Churchill. My british territories is quite diverse also. I appreciate the approval from the community, made my day
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

JoshA113n, where on Earth were you able to find that neon lighting for your Churchill crown? Very dramatic!

"I ain't good-looking, but I'm willing to try."
--- Dave "Snaker" Ray: 'It's All Right,' 1963
Valued Member
United Kingdom
124 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  05:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a posh shiny, but it's one I didn't have and only paid a couple of quid for it so can't complain.

Page: of 148 Previous TopicReplies: 2,210 / Views: 173,730Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05