Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,264 / Views: 181,870Next Topic
Page: of 151
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2800 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, very nice halfcrown, better than mine for that year.

Those pennies are beautiful - always good to get those examples as they are rare and overlooked when the average coin is still a solid VF, you know UNC/AU is still very affordable!

I also disappeared down the Aussie foxhole with a certain rare Crown coin (It's in the Aussie part).
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2800 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally another coin!!

Its an old Florin!!

A 1903 Florin, VF despite rim knocks. Not cleaned and looks better than photo gives justice. Notice sharp shield and gown detail. Thrilled as this is my first early date of this reign (All my others are 1906 or later) and the date is sharp.

This coin was not cheap. Original VF costs more than usual and 1903 is not a rare, but not a common date either.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Finally another coin!! Its an old Florin!!
Looks fantastic!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
142 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice florin. :) the Edward vii set is increasingly hard to find in good shape unless you have a spare kidney to sell.
Been a very dry time recently.. Not found anything that grabbed my attention for ages.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2800 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tell me about it dude, especially in EF and AU. That coin cost me $100 (about 50) and its bare VF with rim damage. I can't even imagine how much a 1905 one in that condition will cost, let alone fine.

The main thing is I am only 3 dates away from a basic date set, 1902 (Which will be easy), 1904 (Less easy) and 1905 (Start saving).

When you look at mintage figures, most pre 1914 Florins and Halfcrowns had mintages in the low millions whereas post 1914 they ballooned to 10 - 30 milion a year. This may explain why they cost so much more.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1911 UK.
1 Farthing - George V.

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1854 UK.
Half Penny- Victoria 1st portrait.
-
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
481 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two Victoria Silvers 1885 Shilling and the very rare 1863 sixpence esp in grades above VF. Not sure what the extra metal is or how it came about. But it was the bargain of the century. You know me the eagle eye had to have it lol

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice examples!

Quote:
Not sure what the extra metal is or how it came about
Might have been used as a pin or button?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1062 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andyg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Might have been used as a pin or button?

They were quite popular as cufflinks too.
Edited by andyg
06/18/2021 2:55 pm
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They were quite popular as cufflinks too.
Indeed! Thank you for the reminder.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8916 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  05:40 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got another 1927 proof coin yesterday - a sixpence!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2800 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely sixpences guys - been neglecting my British coins lately with Fijimania and New Zealand coins.

The 1863 was mounted to something and suspect that is why it was cheap. Sadly jewellerising coins is not good in a collectors market.

That blob looks like a bit of lead solder to me, someone said cufflinks and I suspect they are right. Luckily its not that worn (High VF). The shilling is a different matter, around AU and very nice!

So says the guy whose Victorian sixpences are all flat tiddlywinks tokens
Edited by Princetane
06/20/2021 06:35 am
Page: of 151 Previous TopicReplies: 2,264 / Views: 181,870Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05