Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,372 / Views: 189,106Next Topic
Page: of 159
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3027 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  05:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree - very nice Florin, so many of us are breaking our necks trying to get the best of all the pre George V stuff and we don't realise that the recent UNC stuff is very affordable.

Seriously all of you with Victorian, Georgian, Tudor and Stuart coins of distinction, look at your post 1946 stuff and what percentage of it is "average".

That 58 is a stunner like my 62 Florin and the 1947 one. I also discovered my 1958 6d is practically mint new and I picked up 1964/65/66 and 67 Florins at like 10c each from a junk box of mixed coins. They were all shiny AU/UNC.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
683 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few pick ups today. First is an 1806 penny, but a slight upgrade for me. Second is an 1829 Sixpence - not quite an upgrade, but nice enough.
Last one is actually a British coin weight made to check the weight and value of Portuguese gold in 1747. Pleasing portrait.

Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3027 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love those coins. I just brought this, he can only send it by snail mail and its the weekend, so expect a week before it lands.

Reasonably priced and I would say the grade is highest Fine verging on VF (Victoria is gFine/aVF, the shields may just touch VF or at least aVF).

Lately it seems most of my purchases and favourite coins are these late Victorian pieces. The British coin collection now spans Charles the first to Diversity 50p's but its the late Victorian stuff that enamours me the most (1887 - 1901).
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Edited by Princetane
08/07/2021 05:51 am
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just brought this, he can only send it by snail mail and its the weekend, so expect a week before it lands.
Very nice! Should be worth the wait.
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Four Half Penny Tokens I picked up. The first one is the reverse only, as I had trouble with an upload (kept loading the wrong file, so I gave up)

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9327 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great tokens, otto! I've got a Lancaster one but not as nice as yours!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
820 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Lovely coppers!
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Four Half Penny Tokens I picked up.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3027 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice I love those tokens, it's easy to see where the NZ ones of the 1850s and 1860s came from!
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Per my previous post: Here is the other side of the first token.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
683 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up this 1927 type 2 (proof) half crown yesterday in an old Whitman folder at melt. Fills a gap! Deserves to be of higher value than it is as it is as rare as the 1927 Florin - just less sought after.

Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
683 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2021  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few fun pennies picked up this week. 1860 is beaded border, 1864 is the crosslet 4 variety, 1863 and 1916 are just great condition:

Page: of 159 Previous TopicReplies: 2,372 / Views: 189,106Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05