Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 2,472 / Views: 194,378Next Topic
Page: of 165
Pillar of the Community
United States
728 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better date farthing

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3187 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All those coins are nice, love the 1921 Sixpence, you seldom see these beyond worn flat and green. That one is at least EF.

The farthings and the penny are also really nice.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9608 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  08:23 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with Princetane! Lovely coins, Otto!
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
498 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing too exciting just a few gap fillers 1862 Penny GVF 1830 Farthing VF 1853 Farthing AEF and 1878 Farthing AEF

Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nothing too exciting just a few gap fillers 1862 Penny GVF 1830 Farthing VF 1853 Farthing AEF and 1878 Farthing AEF
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3187 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I find them exciting - terrific score!

Farthings are such pretty little coins and its great when most of them survive in better shape than pennies and halfpence!

The 1830 is a knockout!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3187 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  02:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those two proof coins from 1937 I brought are definitely not EF, they arrived today and scream UNC or at least highest AU - absolute beauties.

Photos can't do them justice enough.

Don't they look cute! (Holders are bags sent in, they will be removed to proper flips, although I may buy capsules for them).
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3342 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Princetane, they do look fantastic. Well done. :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those two proof coins from 1937 I brought are definitely not EF, they arrived today and scream UNC or at least highest AU - absolute beauties. Photos can't do them justice enough. Don't they look cute!
They look fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
Germany
704 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins
Pillar of the Community
United States
728 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1877(?) Half Crown

Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9608 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  05:58 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In a moment of sheer madness I bought this on eBay - one of those coins I never dreamed I would own. A William and Mary crown dated 1691. There's a small dig at the bottom of William's portrait but overall I'm very pleased with it. You don't see these coins very often although the later William III coins are very common:

One feature of this coin that I really like is the decorative interlinked Ws and Ms between the shield on the reverse, which liven up what can be quite a drab design.

I had another moment of madness soon afterwards, so expect more big silver to come...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
870 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice one, @NumisRob!

Also an interesting arrangement of the figures in the year (took me a few seconds to realize that is what they are ).
Page: of 165 Replies: 2,472 / Views: 194,378Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: