Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 2,894 / Views: 225,271Next Topic
Page: of 193
Pillar of the Community
United States
871 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Princetane, I haven't received the coin yet. I'm sure the lighting matters a lot. According to seller, he photographed under natural light.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4130 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2022  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry Otto, when it arrives you will see it really looks like that!

I have been delightfully surprised by all my dealers and my own limited photography skills have shown, the shinier the coin - the harder it is to photograph nicely. When you see a coin photographed and looking like that - its gonna be a knockout.

Seriously - up to VF, it photographs well, above that it still looks VF!

I love COINS!!!
Edited by Princetane
05/07/2022 3:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1268 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  12:09 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next batch

Felt they where quite common so just threw on to one image.

Lamination flaws? I would doubt add any extra value but I guess still interesting. Seem like quality of silver's not that important.
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Next batch
Very nice!

Quote:
Felt they where quite common so just threw on to one image.
Makes for a nice display, perhaps a good one for phone or computer background.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4130 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  02:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually that many together and a decent overall shape, not as common as you think. I notice 2 x 1930 shillings there and 2 x 1925 Halfcrowns - they are both scarce coins. Also some of your coins are VF/EF condition and overall there is a great lot.

I would take a set of as many dates as possible (Choose the best coin of each date) and sell the rest, at least the silver value will leave you with full pockets. Quantity like that in this silver starved era is always good.

I love COINS!!!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
98 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up this one last week that I'm pretty happy with.

I like my pennies..
Pillar of the Community
United States
9006 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice 1862 Penny.
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked up this one last week that I'm pretty happy with.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4130 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That penny is very beautiful Kipster!

Meanwhile, what do you guys think of these 1900 Halfcrowns. I paid more for them than usual 1900 Halfcrowns - why do you think?

They look like I have lost my mind.

Guess why they are special - I will reveal tomorrow. PS if you know please just say you know - don't give heaps of details.

I want to see the guesses.

I love COINS!!!
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Guess why they are special - I will reveal tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4130 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay a clue.

Elingamite.

I love COINS!!!
Edited by Princetane
05/12/2022 2:25 pm
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I think I know now! Looking at the images, that makes sense.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
532 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cast copies or found at the bottom of the sea Jury's out
Edited by zookeeperz
05/12/2022 3:37 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
98 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That's quite a catch if its related to the Elingamite.

Nice.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
532 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prince that's farthings for you they are for the most part very weakly struck esp the shield and the Visor. Normally the hand is fused together but I think she has 2 fingers up which is quite apt lols. In Victorias era We are driven by the obverse more as the reverses were always poorly struck then came Edward and George and we paid more attention to the reverse strike as the obverse were always weakly struck.
Especially for the Bronze coins. Always the fingers be your guiding light as the actual figure of Britannia is nearly always flat and a lot of the detail from the die is missing. They had terrible trouble with this era particularly 1907 1917 for reverse clarity and nearly all of the years had metal mix issues more so with 1920+21 find them in genuine UNC red they are going to be showstoppers of the future they already gain a good premium and sell far in excess of the guides
Page: of 193 Replies: 2,894 / Views: 225,271Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: