Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 2,790 / Views: 217,538Next Topic
Page: of 186
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20745 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1822 UK
1 Farthing - George IV 1st issue.

A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Valued Member
United Kingdom
77 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Morning to everyone,

Hope you're all having a good day and looking forward to the weekend. This little monster just landed on my doormat.

Definition is lacking a bit, especially in the hair, obvious rim ding and a few minor nicks, but I have a thing for these little chocolates.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10557 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  06:29 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one, Kipster!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
77 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice one, Kipster!

Cheers, Rob.

I have a couple of new little lovelies on the way, so will put them up when here, hopefully tomorrow or Monday.
Learn More...
United States
113674 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1822 UK 1 Farthing - George IV 1st issue.

Quote:
This little monster just landed on my doormat.
Nice additions!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
77 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Morning all,

Just a couple more that dropped through the letterbox today. Nice additions to the collection. As always, opinion on grade is very, very welcome. Have a good weekend all.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3967 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins Kipster, you have an amazing collection of Regency copper!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
77 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Great coins Kipster, you have an amazing collection of Regency copper!

Thanks Prince. It's coming along nicely in a relatively short space of time. Hard to resist one if I see it and the price point is affordable to me. But that's about it for this month now, just one more to arrive and then see what's around next month. Big coin fair in London in 3 weeks, so will have to leave the cards at home...
Learn More...
United States
113674 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
903 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1687 James II 2d and 4d

Edited by bd251
05/23/2022 3:03 pm
Learn More...
United States
113674 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3967 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bd251 - Those are great, interesting how James II used Latin numerals for his low value/Maundy coins - all the other kings used joined letters or Arabic numerals.

He was a good Catholic boy.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10557 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  05:09 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this 1827 halfpenny from my LCS on Saturday to replace an incredibly battered and bent specimen I've had for about 30 years!
Learn More...
United States
113674 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got this 1827 halfpenny from my LCS on Saturday to replace an incredibly battered and bent specimen I've had for about 30 years!
I like the subtle circulation cameo. Nice example!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
77 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  06:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Morning all,

Couple of little nuggets for you to peruse. Have a good day all.

Page: of 186 Replies: 2,790 / Views: 217,538Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: