Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 2,886 / Views: 224,961Next Topic
Page: of 193
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this new Gothic florin through MAShops! I couldn't resist the colors!!

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4128 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, all sorts of toning going on there giving it a nice patina.

That is a beautiful 1856!

Better than my 1856 actually (1856 and 1880 are my two best gothics, both VF, EF or more is remortgage the house and forget about holidays for a while territory - whereas VF is only "Where did my wages go this week?"

Paralyse - I am thankful for your knowledge, agree about the 1902 - 1910 Edward Florins, I have all of them but 1902 and 1904, but can't afford any above VF (1903 and 1907 are VF, the others are VG - Fine but with dates at least).

I love COINS!!!
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice, all sorts of toning going on there giving it a nice patina.

I'm lucky to have found it! Hope I can see pictures of yours!
Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got this new Gothic florin through MAShops! I couldn't resist the colors!!
Excellent!
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10689 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely florin, captainmandrake1!

I got this 1867 penny from a cheap tray at my LCS on Saturday:

It's not in great condition, but it's an upgrade on the one that was in my collection:

I started collecting British pennies as a kid shortly before decimalisation, and my collection still contains a number of coins pulled from circulation then. For a long time it's been my policy not to upgrade them as long as I've got a high-grade example of the same coin type, but recently I've been through my collection and noted down the dates of the really poor specimens, and I am gradually upgrading them.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
96 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Evening Rob,

I have a few which are duplicates, although not many. Any dates you're after in particular?

I'm just getting over covid that I picked up at the London Coin Fair, so slowly getting back into things.
Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fantastic upgrade!
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4128 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's one heck of an improvement. Like my recent buy in of 1860 - 1881 Pennies a few months ago, I upgraded most from discs with dates to VG down to Fair examples.

Captain mandrake - for you

My VF 1880

Numisrob and Kipster, my 1867 and 1871.

Sorry about this, I know its for new purchases, I must keep the public happy

I love COINS!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All this talk of 'cheap trays' makes me want to get back into my local coin shop--always an adventure.
Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All this talk of 'cheap trays' makes me want to get back into my local coin shop--always an adventure.
I will settle for a coin show. It has been two years, four months.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
96 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prince,

Always loving a penny or two...

More to come from me when I'm more mobile.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
96 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little one that arrived today. An 1861 farthing:

Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A little one that arrived today. An 1861 farthing:
Gorgeous!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4128 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stunning, its practically uncirculated!

I love COINS!!!
Page: of 193 Replies: 2,886 / Views: 224,961Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: