Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 2,894 / Views: 225,234Next Topic
Page: of 193
Valued Member
United Kingdom
98 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Afternoon all,

Couple of little additions...and there's something different from me too:

A nice little 1835 farthing to go with it:

And now for something silver:

A little sideways curveball from me there.
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Couple of little additions...and there's something different from me too:
Excellent! Love the touch of silver.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10694 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  10:54 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4130 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once again you amaze us. That 1927 penny is gorgeous, farthing is also very nice, you must be cornering the market on Regency era copper coins.

I know how rare the Kew Gardens 50p is too, its the Rosetta Stone of modern English coins!

I love COINS!!!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
98 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know how rare the Kew Gardens 50p is too, its the Rosetta Stone of modern English coins!

Surprisingly, it didn't go for as much as I thought it would. Got lucky there.

And that little 1861 farthing was an absolute steal at less than 15 including FREE postage.

Anyway, few auctions coming up soon, so taking a little break in readiness
Valued Member
United States
347 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And that little 1861 farthing was an absolute steal at less than 15 including FREE postage.

Wow! Beautiful coin!!!
Valued Member
United States
347 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Captain mandrake - for you

Thanks!!! Very nice!!!
Valued Member
United States
347 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been toned florin month for me!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
24597 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two great looking pennies and a nice florin.
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's been toned florin month for me!
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4130 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally back after a while, I have finally brought the famous 1787 silver coins that were the only issued silver above 4d between 1758 and 1816 (Excluding tokens, bank tokens and counterstamped Spanish dollars).

My sixpence is a cleaned near VF/VF example and this has the hearts obverse (These are in the top right part of the Hanoverian arms)

It also kick starts the serious part of my sixpence collection.

The shilling is the no hearts obverse, notice the same quadrant is missing them. Both types are equally common, the rarities are the ones with no stops after the date or above the King's head.
Its also VF, but a bit sharper than the 6d and if cleaned, much earlier on. Both are decent examples of this long wanted issue.

The 1787 coins were an oasis after 30 years of nothing, apparently no records were kept of the numbers minted, but one source mentions 70k to 80k worth of the coins minted, meaning anywhere between 3.2 million coins (If 80k all 6ds) down to 1.4 million (if just 70k worth of shillings). There are relatively equal numbers of both, but I am not an algebra genius, so I guess about 2.2 - 2.4 million coins were minted in total.

I love COINS!!!
Edited by Princetane
07/06/2022 11:04 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
98 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some nice additions to the armoury there
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10694 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice shilling and sixpence, Princetane!

When I got the 1935 Papua New Guinea shilling and 1969 Malaysia $1 at the Sunday Market, I found an 1870 penny at the bottom of the tray. It wasn't in a flip and didn't have a price ticket. The dealer gave it to me free with the other coins...

It's not great but is an improvement on the one that was in my collection:

That is typical of the bun pennies that were still circulating immediately prior to D-Day on February 15th, 1971!
Valued Member
United States
347 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is typical of the bun pennies that were still circulating immediately prior to D-Day on February 15th, 1971!

Wow! That's 100 years of circulation!
Page: of 193 Replies: 2,894 / Views: 225,234Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: