Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,166 / Views: 243,328Next Topic
Page: of 212
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gainn - no sorry. It seems I have Proof 1937 Halfcrown and both of the shillings, but the florin eludes me, my 1937 is just a standard AU one.

I do have the 1950 and 1951 Proof florins though.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the one tempting me. I can hear it calling in the distance... "buyyyyy meeeeee....Buyyyy meeeeee"

Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
GUERNSEY 4 Doubles 1949 (Mintage of 19,000)
Very nice!
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is the one tempting me. I can hear it calling in the distance... "buyyyyy meeeeee....Buyyyy meeeeee"
Go for it!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
147 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No worries Gainn, I was just browsing the catalogue looking for some nice coppers or bronzes and clocked it. I won't be bidding on it seeing as I've just bought another 1927 wreath crown proof and blown my budget...again. Like a Magpie, see something shiny...

Either way, that one looks lovely.
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I would definitely buy it, how much?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow! I would definitely buy it, how much?

35. Someone I've bought from before and their photos are usually very accurate. The obverse has more toning but it's a little less regular.
Toss-up between this one and one that's toned more orange/gold but in a very nice gradient.
Starting to realise just how very subjective tone is.
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  04:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a little step, better be as good as the photo. My 1950/51 Florins were $39 each (20) and they were exceptional with lower mintages.

Still if your gut instinct appeals to it, buy it by all means.

My Maundy pennys and 1d arrived today, they really are tiny. I am amazed they managed to make them so well, that far back (1830s).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
581 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I can understand that. It is a stunning florin.

Quote:
My Maundy pennys and 1d arrived today, they really are tiny. I am amazed they managed to make them so well, that far back (1830s)

photos please
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Edited by ttkoo
08/19/2022 04:10 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
147 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The second 1927 Wreath Crown:

Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11342 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  04:52 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Kipster! Wreath crowns in high grade are lovely coins!
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11342 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  09:31 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this today from my LCS - an 1848 penny (mintage 161,280). It appears to be the non-overdate variety, which is actually slightly scarcer than the 1848/7 (though not as scarce as 1848/6):

I am still missing several dates and varieties in this series - they are harder to find than catalogs suggest, and dealers often charge more than catalog value for them.
Edited by NumisRob
08/19/2022 12:30 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
147 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
an 1848 penny (mintage 161,280)

That is a low mintage. Nice find
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2022  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My Maundy pennys and 1d arrived today, they really are tiny. I am amazed they managed to make them so well, that far back (1830s)

As you requested!

The Florin looks HUGE in comparison

Looks like a line up of planets!

Kipster - I see you have leapt into silverware very well, that crown is just gorgeous I am in love.

NumisRob - Love that penny
Page: of 212 Previous TopicReplies: 3,166 / Views: 243,328Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: