Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 90
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2012  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harry213 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anjohl; I also collect Canadian and Canadian Tokens and actually that is where my interest in British Coinage really started to grow.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2342 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2012  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
svslav

Those are excellent coins. Really like the Elizabeth I sixpence.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2012  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys!

I'm just trying to impress you with my good stuff, you'll be yawning when I show you my more common coins.
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2012  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harry213 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree that's gonna be tough to top those, but I for one am glad you shared them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2012  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My most resent UK coin buy!

1889 Victoria Double Florin?

Only problem is I'm not sure of the denomination... I believe that it is a double florin... Can anyone tell?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
815 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2012  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Anjohl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I habe one.of those, 1887, BU. Stunning coin, I think it might be the jewel of the collection.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
815 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2012  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Anjohl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea how to tell a florin from a.double.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2012  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a double florin to me! Those are very similar in design to a florin, though I believe I can pick up on minute differences. Just to be 105% sure check the size, it should be 36 mm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My most recent UK buy....1787 George III Shilling

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's 36mm across... So it's a Double Florin!
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harry213 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice 1787 George III shilling Ancientnoob.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Harry! It has become one of my favorite modern....non-ancient coins!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2012  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Do British Ancients count?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1732 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2012  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends what you mean by ancient.

By definition, a British coin cannot be dated before 1707, before that they English, Scottish, Irish or a smaller geographical or regal unit.
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2012  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roman Britain is what I mean.

I think that he means Britain and the pre-Britain places that became Britain..

Page: of 90 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05