Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 3,181 / Views: 243,768Next Topic
Page: of 213
Valued Member
United Kingdom
148 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
maybe close to UNC or EF+

I'd happily say that was UNC to me. Lovely looking piece
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd happily say that was UNC to me. Lovely looking piece

Thanks Kipster, it's been a rough couple of years for a lot of people, and happy occasionally is a good thing.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
148 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sister to my previously posted penny arrived today. I was amazed to be able to nab both of these, but very happy.

Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The sister to my previously posted penny arrived today. I was amazed to be able to nab both of these, but very happy.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Another gem of a coin Kip, you'll need a bigger shoebox to store all of these in
Edited by ttkoo
09/27/2022 7:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mailbox arrivals this morning.
Nothing too fancy

1963 English Shield shilling in nice condition

1948 florin poorly-cleaned in not so nice condition, but it will fill a hole nicely.
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous penny!!!
Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good coins all. Gainn that 53 set is nice, most of the plastic has corroded or cracked after 70 years.
Plastic was a novelty and a "space age" material back then!

The price is right, after all you get UNC coins from the era and 1953 pennies are very desirable, also the farthing is a type only found in the set.

Kipster that Penny is just crazy - I honestly go crazy when I see them!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
most of the plastic has corroded or cracked after 70 years.

That's one of the main reasons I got it. The plastic still being in tip-top shape (with the info readable too) seemed unusual enough to add it to the collection.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Gainn

Quote:
Is there a (UK) thread to show items lost in the post in case they 'show up' somewhere?

I missed this before, but I don't think there is.
Maybe you could start one, are you missing items that you ordered?

@jbuck
Quote:
Outstanding!

thanks jbuck!
Edited by ttkoo
09/28/2022 7:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look at what I just purchased!

Less than 5,000 minted and another big goal ticked off!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  05:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
are you missing items that you ordered

One item. A 1943 florin in a one of those "ship's wheel" silver brooch mounts.

Post does genuinely get lost/destroyed, but it's probably rare enough that a thread would get buried quickly.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11351 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  05:57 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great purchase, Princetane!
Page: of 213 Replies: 3,181 / Views: 243,768Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: