Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 3,181 / Views: 243,808Next Topic
Page: of 213
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Gainn, that's not good. Sorry to hear it. We'll keep an ear to the ground. Any vendor photos?
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Princetane
Brilliant pick up!
At a loss for words.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any vendor photos?

The vendor has been cool about it and refunded me because it's been a few weeks, but it's still annoying.
Learn More...
United States
118654 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Look at what I just purchased!
Excellent!

Quote:
One item. A 1943 florin in a one of those "ship's wheel" silver brooch mounts. Post does genuinely get lost/destroyed, but it's probably rare enough that a thread would get buried quickly.
Not excellent.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
148 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely crown that, Prince. Looks in great nick.
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, it really ticks off a massive box in my collecting. I knew the day I had a Wreath Crown, the collection would come of age. Getting all the others - less easy (Don't even tempt me!)

Gainn - that poor coin, the bezel/mount thing is hideous and strangling it! Shame it got lost in the post. Fortunately its so distinctive, if it ever surfaces, anyone will know who it belongs to.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the bezel/mount thing is hideous and strangling it!

The bobbles ruin the look of those ones, but thankfully they're easy to remove.
It's just secured by a second bar, so the coin comes out without damaging it. I had another plan for the mount, so if it ever shows up I'll post the result.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would IOM coins go in this thread too?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say yes to that, what could go wrong?
Isle of Man is good for me.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just one photo from the vendor till they arrive.
1984 Silver IOM 'Fuscia' halfpenny.

Edited by Gainn
10/01/2022 4:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As long as they are purchased and not "found". Plus even though its okay and I am worried about the overwhelming with these things as IOM along with Jersey and Guernsey are massive NCLT and bubblegum producers.

So perhaps not 50 single crowns in a row would not be helpful.

If you buy a silver proof set - post it here, if you find a beat up IOM 5p - put it in the circulation finds page.
Its up to you, but generally I use this thread for Predecimal and sets of coins if I can.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Princetane, absolutely loved your acquisition of the crown, a stunner.
Now that you have that ticked off the bucket list, what is the one British coin that you would now like to possess?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Gainn, a silver halfpenny..... I like it!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a silver halfpenny..... I like it!

It was unusual enough to grab my interest. I have a BU one of the bronze types, but didn't know there were silver and gold versions of that coin.
The gold one is proving to be more elusive.

Been going down the rabbit hole with Falklands Islands, St Helena and IOM coins the last few weeks and they do seem to like banging out limited runs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
586 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is unusual and I am a sucker now for nice silver coins. I don't dare venture too far from my current interests now as I am already spreading myself a bit too thin. I am sticking to my main australian collection, then to British and New Zealand and more recently I have developed a taste for ancients and mediaeval ( I know.... there goes my life!)
Keep yours coming they are very interesting.
Page: of 213 Replies: 3,181 / Views: 243,808Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: