Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,163 / Views: 242,777Next Topic
Page: of 211
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First one today. Not sure how old the graffiti is but it doesn't look that recent. Doesn't detract from the coin for me. 1816 shilling.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
144 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice acquisitions all.

Mine from a trip to London yesterday. An 1884 penny. Uncirculated with plenty of lustre.

Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first English silver. Saw this was WW2 dated and decided to grab it. Looks like I might start collecting world coins.

Edited by Nycstlrr
10/07/2022 11:09 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Struggling to get a good shot of this because it's so chocolatey.
1900 farthing.

Edited by Gainn
10/07/2022 11:27 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
144 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice farthing, Gainn.

Got a soft spot for the chocolate ones.
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mine from a trip to London yesterday. An 1884 penny. Uncirculated with plenty of lustre.

Definitely worth the journey, its in great shape.

Quote:
My first English silver. Saw this was WW2 dated and decided to grab it. Looks like I might start collecting world coins.

Oh dear, once you have your first, there's no looking back.
A nice start too, great coin.

@Gainn that's a great farthing, edible almost.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11301 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions everyone!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shiny 1970 'proof' penny. Reflections from camera lens proving difficult to avoid.
Possibly a copy?

Edited by Gainn
10/08/2022 09:30 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
144 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Possibly a copy?

I would say no. The 1970 proofs were as shiny as a new button, but it's difficult to tell as I know how difficult it is to get a good image off a shiny coin like this.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1970 proof two shillings.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins. I have some 1970 proofs ordered too, coming via snail mail
Valued Member
United Kingdom
216 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gainn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have some 1970 proofs ordered too

Noticed a bump in prices from quite a few dealers recently, so I just got those because they're the the two I was most interested in. Got one of the tokens and a 1/2p coming from someone else.
Thought I'd grab some of the non-precious metal ones as a change of pace. Finding old silver that's priced reasonably is becoming more of a challenge.

My Falkland Islands 1974 proof set turned up this afternoon as well.
Never seen anything so shiny.
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noticed a bump in prices from quite a few dealers recently,

I don't really know what is a high or low price for the 1970 "proof" coins. I think they are proof-like, minted with polished dies.
They sure look good. I have a half crown coming (GBP 9.99) and a two shillings (GBP 7.99).
When I add on delivery down under its GBP 29.80 all up. The sellers probably saw me coming, but I simply must have them, and I have no patience whatsoever!.

I'm bidding on an old maundy half groat at the moment. I would really love to pick that one up but I think my max bid may be a bit too thin. Anyway, time will tell
edit: I won.... woohoo!
Edited by ttkoo
10/09/2022 03:51 am
Page: of 211 Previous TopicReplies: 3,163 / Views: 242,777Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: