Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 71
Learn More...
United States
71027 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2019  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Three of my four recent coin acquisitions arrived in the mail yesterday.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
264 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2019  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty little 1923 Shilling. Can't resist George V Silver

Learn More...
United States
71027 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2019  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pretty little 1923 Shilling. Can't resist George V Silver
Nice example!
Valued Member
Canada
64 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canuckl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Victoia, Ed, George v, George vi and Elizabeth
Learn More...
United States
71027 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2019  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Victoia, Ed, George v, George vi and Elizabeth
Family affair.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
667 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2019  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received these today, modern coins are not everyones cup of tea but sometimes an opportunity to fill a gap arises and is too good to turn down.
The Commonwealth games 4 coin set sells/ list for silly money, glad to fill that gap.

2002 Commonwealth games 2, 4 coin set

2008 Olympic handover 2 coin

Learn More...
United States
71027 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
264 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great post actually. Remember these 40 each. How cruel the fate of modern coins history is stacked against them. No shocker to me I await the deluge of Kew 50 pence hoarders moaning,crying and beating their fists in to the ground because what they paid 100-250 for in 20 years will be half that value . Especially on the non circulation coins which do not warrant the guide price in any shape or form. They are simply collector copies with a completely different design and worth no more than any other currency issue. In fact as a group there are far more scarcer currency issue 50p's than the kew.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
264 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cracking George III 1797 Cartwheel Copper Penny. Check out those rims not a blemish. This is so critical with this issue. Copper being so soft and the coin being so large and heavy the rims didn't fair very well from being bashed against anything unlike the portraits which survived much better being slightly recessed in the coin with the high inner rim to protect them.If you ever think of purchasing these coins almost everything is forgivable except rim damage it will greatly impact the value more so on these than any other denomination

Valued Member
United Kingdom
264 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three George VI I picked up as they were a group of 3 but my main interest was the 1946 English shilling With reverse B Davies 2121 much scarcer reverse with I of IND to border tooth.Incredible champagne patina All pretty much as struck the 1946 sixpence is a stunner probably an 88 and the big guy 1946 two shillings . Very nice trio.

Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harry213 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a sweeeeet cartwheel penny, one of my all time favorite large coppers. I own two, sadly one is a smoothy and tge other has enough rim dings and dents to make it worth just about $10 dollars:D
Learn More...
United States
71027 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
150 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  04:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the best of my Cartwheel Tuppences:

Learn More...
United States
71027 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is the best of my Cartwheel Tuppences:
A lovely example.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
264 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2019  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't turn it down was far too cheap.I seem to be getting too many of these lately.Had a light clean somewhere down the line but tbh most of them have. Still very attractive coin 1887 Double florin (The barmaids curse).If memory serves in the dark and dank old taverns where the light wasn't exactly bright the tavern girls mistook these for Crowns when giving change. So the taverns must of lost a few quid .Plus the barmaids had the 1 shilling difference stopped from their wages. Very unpopular coin and was only produced in 1887 ,1888,1889,1890 Solid sterling .925 silver 36mm 3 mm less than the Crown.

Page: of 71 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05