Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5640 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United Kingdom -- 2 shillings, 1954:

Valued Member
United Kingdom
192 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  02:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one as a recent upgrade - 1834 Farthing Dies 1&A:

Valued Member
United Kingdom
314 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice farthing Paddy

Just off the boat 1697 William III .925 Silver Shilling Better than it looks heavy die clash as you can see the coat of arms showing on the heads side. Almost brockage like. Unlisted variety V of GV struck over an E second V struck over inverted A and s struck over I. Reverse a little weaker as usual but I would give it a Bold fine as a grade?

Valued Member
United Kingdom
314 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only thing that is puzzling me is the left hand die clash Doesn't match the shields or the shape either side> Could it be Struck on another shilling design?
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5640 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United Kingdom -- 5 shillings, 1953:

Valued Member
United Kingdom
314 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  05:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
George V 1923 .500 silver half crown.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5640 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United Kingdom -- 1/2 crown, 1953:

Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
United Kingdom -- 5 shillings, 1953:

Quote:
George V 1923 .500 silver half crown.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5640 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United Kingdom -- 5 shillings, 1951:

Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
United Kingdom -- 5 shillings, 1951:
Lovely addition.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
314 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  05:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Queen Victoria Jubilee Head .925 silver 1887 Half Crown
Which set of pics look better first lot or second?

Valued Member
United Kingdom
192 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me they both look over-exposed. I think the first pair will look better darkened down a bit - like this:

Valued Member
United Kingdom
314 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are darker Paddy. I always have the habit of lightening them mainly because the Copper and bronze coins can be so dark you can't see anything. here is the untouched version obv+rev from the microscope CAM. the other pics pic 2 are from my phone camera. I bought a macro add on . It's better than my camera lol

Valued Member
United Kingdom
192 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely prefer the more yellowy images - the others are too cold and seem to have flattened some of the detail.
Page: of 84  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 4.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05