Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 90
Valued Member
United Kingdom
218 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up this one at a local auction. 1859 Penny, Ornate Trident, Small date, First type of "9", fairly scarce this date.

Learn More...
United States
77064 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked up this one at a local auction. 1859 Penny, Ornate Trident, Small date, First type of "9", fairly scarce this date.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6123 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kingdom of England -- 1 penny, 1250-1272:

Learn More...
United States
77064 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Kingdom of England -- 1 penny, 1250-1272:
Nice add!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6123 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Celtic Britain / Durotriges -- BI stater, 60BC - 20BC:

My last coin for this thread, at least for a while.
Learn More...
United States
77064 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Celtic Britain / Durotriges -- BI stater, 60BC - 20BC:
Very nice!

Quote:
My last coin for this thread, at least for a while.
Bummer.
United Kingdom
15 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silk23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, new to this but I thought this small collection may be of interest. Lord's Prayer coin, 1844 half farthing, J H Stokes tea and coffee roaster, Thistle inn Coventry, Coventry half penny and Prince of Wales model half sovereign. Collected by my dad many years ago.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2708 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silk23, the coventry half penny has been on my want list for some time. I see that you have shown the "decent" side of that item.
Learn More...
United States
77064 Posts
United Kingdom
15 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silk23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really appreciate the comments. Two more of the more interesting ones (interesting to an amateur at least) 1804 Halfpenny and a Victorian model halfpenny. Looks like bimetal but no date. Any ideas please?

United Kingdom
15 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silk23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoops, 1806 on the half penny
Valued Member
United Kingdom
218 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The half pennies of 1799, 1806 and 1807 are all rather common unfortunately. Yours is a very nice example and worth hanging on to.
The Model halfpenny is one of a number produced by Moore in 1844. I have a couple of pages copied from some reference which gives this Copper and Brass version a "Bruce" number X8a. The page gives 5 different versions of this design, often with a white metal or silver centre. They are collected, but not with a huge market...
United Kingdom
15 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silk23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@PaddyB.I wouldn't sell them as they were my dads. I know he didn't spend a lot of money on his hobby as he bought coins he thought interesting or unusual. Once you get past the worth of a coin, the history is really the important bit. I've learnt more about Kings and Queens than I thought I would. Appreciate you taking time to reply with the info. At the risk of boring everyone i'll Post some more coins in future weeks. Not rare but collected with care....
United Kingdom
15 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  04:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silk23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example of the Cartwheel penny from 1797.

United Kingdom
15 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silk23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An interesting Birmingham Mining and Copper coin or token

Page: of 90 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05