Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 97
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8443 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you are correct, the error is mine. I apparently conflated two separate events in a moment of "duh."

Here's a sixpence for penance. I'll have to acquire one of those lovely Charles II half crowns to complete my atonement...just need a good bit more money first!

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Valued Member
United Kingdom
325 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  06:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another George VI Brass Threepence you'll probably find more surviving proof coins of 1950-1951 existing than circulation issues in FDC. Hard to differentiate unless you have both examples. Picked up this 1951 MS63 NGC Now completes the set from 1937-1970 in UNC with all the proofs as well. Has taken an age but worth it in the end

Learn More...
United States
84180 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13633 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1806 UK
Farthing.

Learn More...
United States
84180 Posts
Valued Member
New Zealand
348 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1753 Halfpenny (Full fine, but partial missing date as coin was rimless)

I love this old copper coin - so historic
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
New Zealand
348 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An interesting pair, an 1843 fathing and a 1857 Maundy penny.

The penny is so tiny at 11mm and 0.47 grams in weight!

The Farthing looks huge next to it!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
322 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up this rather nice 1845 penny at auction last week:

Learn More...
United States
84180 Posts
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A recent auction pickup, this is the grocer John Harrop's 1814 farthing token from Gateshead, Durham, unusual because it's struck in silver. Listed in Withers as 742c (RRR).

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13633 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1966 UK.
Half Crown - Elizabeth II 1st portrait; no 'BRITT:OMN'

Valued Member
New Zealand
348 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins everyone, love the Halfcrown, the Charles sixpence and the 3d along with the penny and the silver token.

Here is my newly arrived 1937 Crown - this is a well worn VF/gVF example - but such a nice feel to it.

A lovely big slab of a coin
Valued Member
New Zealand
348 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And my latest baragin, this EF to AU 1931 Half Crown cost me just $15NZ (About 7 quid or $9 USD). Compared to how worn some of these coins appear - this is great.

I know its common, but such a nice piece in my opinion and with these series - you get so much coin for your money!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
320 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  04:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd grade that 1931 half crown at GVF to NEF obverse and EF reverse.
What are those white marks on the portrait?
Edited by Hogarth
02/25/2020 04:17 am
Valued Member
New Zealand
348 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Hogarth.

White marks, I have no idea, must be something to do with the phone, as they are not on the coin.
I suspect my piece has been cleaned in the past, but definitely nothing fishy on it.

Anyway happy with the grading - most $15 Halfcrowns of KGV are in the standard VG - Fine condition I encounter many of them in.
Edited by Princetane
02/25/2020 04:49 am
Page: of 97 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05