Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coin Acquisitions.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,623 / Views: 139,284Next Topic
Page: of 109
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
15261 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1873 UK
Half Penny.

Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8675 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2020  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been acquiring a fair few imitation halfpennies and evasion issues lately, to add to my existing collection, and I'll post them as I can; here's the first one.

1773-dated non-regal halfpenny of George III

About 0.8-1.0 grams underweight and ~1mm smaller in diameter. Generally fine style, but the dies were cut very shallowly, presumably as intended. The date numerals and odd "conehead" flattened and greatly elongated forehead are two examples where the execution of the copy was not quite up to snuff when compared to regal issues.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
United Kingdom
30 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kortez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Megalosaurus:

2 x 50p silver proof colored 7000 mintage
1 x 50p silver proof 3000 minted

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8675 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bad pun warning..those are some DYNO-MITE coins. I think I want them now!

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
United Kingdom
30 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2020  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kortez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Paralyse, to be honest, they are really cool coins. For me, coins and dinosours are amazing combination.
Now there is a new release of 50p with Iguanadon and next month Hylaeosaurus.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8675 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2020  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More halfpennies, one regal, the others not so much.

1743 George II halfpenny

1774 GIII 1/2d - non-regal imitation issue
At 7.4 grams, this 1774 is seriously underweight!!

Lucky find of the week, 1797 evasion halfpenny
British Tars series.

The issues in this series (IERVIS, PELLEW, CORNWALLIS IND, etc) walk the line somewhere between evasion issues and Conder tokens, with their 1797 dates.

A large part of this coin was already green with corrosion, this is photographed after a week of conservation with Verdi-Care to halt the damage.

GLORIOUS PEL-LEW / BRITISH TARS.

Before photos

Valued Member
United Kingdom
375 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  06:32 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an old Evasion coin I photographed when I had it - long since moved on, but interesting:

Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pick this up from an auction in the mail today. 1917 1/2 Crown

Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pick this up from an auction in the mail today. 1917 1/2 Crown
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
790 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More additions to my half crown family

1919 and 1921 - Sorry forgot to do the reverses. Both are described as gVF, however the 21 is a bit better (And the half silver one)
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
790 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got this just before I joined the site big time

My oldest and only hammered halfcrown

This is a Hammered Halfcrown of Charles I with the Crown mintmark dating it to 1635/36 - It was not too expensive and one of my favourite coins.

It's my oldest British coin.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Page: of 109 Previous TopicReplies: 1,623 / Views: 139,284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05