Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Silence Is Becoming Deafening

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,747Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  05:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What has happened to the Aussie part of the CCF forum
The chatter here has almost stopped
I know there is a new forum in Aus but that is absolutely no reason to ignore the great Mates we have met here on CCF.
SO c'mon you mob keep posting here and sharing our ideas,hopes and values with the great bunch of blokes/sheilas that make up the membership of this site
I have to admit that I am a member of the new Australian site But that hasn't stopped me talking to other people on this great site that I have grown to love and enjoy.
It is SOOO UN Australian to walk away from your mates.
Just my 2 bobs worth, I hope you Mob have just simply been lazy and I am wrong here.
I would love to be proved wrong on this
Edited by trout1105
10/30/2012 05:51 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
618 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I been involved with Forums(Ebay-Motoring/Racing-4WD etc) for nearly 15 years now and they seem to ebb & flow like the World in general,i have noticed a lot of trivial threads on here lately thou.but I'm sure it will bounce back.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
895 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevo1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I think its just a cycle but it does seem a bit slow at the moment
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin is pretty big news in Aus ( The first commemorative 2 dollar coin) and not a whisper about it on this site yet
I would have posted about this earlier but was waiting for some interest from our other Aussie members

Pillar of the Community
Australia
895 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevo1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin Trout
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice looking coin Trout

The only other coins I have that are different in my $2 coin collection are silver , This ( when I get it) will be a real showpiece.
I just have to acquire the other 2 that will be issued
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was discussed briefly here http://goccf.com/t/132476

I think it is a bit of a cycle like basil suggested. Hopefully anyway. This is a great site!
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am becoming disillusioned with this (and another) forum as many of my posts are getting removed which seems to be a personal vendetta because I am a collector wanting to further my collection and seem to have annoyed the wrong person...
Administrator
Learn More...
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Admin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am becoming disillusioned with this (and another) forum as many of my posts are getting removed which seems to be a personal vendetta

I just went through your deleted posts out of all your posts.

They have been deleted because you can't seem to get a grasp on the rules. One of three things contributed to all your deletions...

1. Adding second topics to the WTT and WL forums. It's been almost a year since we allow only one topic per forum per member. See reminders here starting in April.

2. You seem to think it's OK to make offers to buy and sell to new members in the open forums.

3. You can't resist replying to spammers, which is the worst possible thing you could do.

There is no vendetta. The rules just apply to you too.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2830 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I check in here each day, and the $2 commemorative was the subject of a new thread a few days ago.

I hate October: the AFL is over; Test Cricket is weeks away; what's civilized person to do ?
I have been reflecting on this, and how every October is a cultural desert, so I have decided that from next year, I will go on holidays in October. For 2013, I'm thinking Bali ...

Until then, I'll keep checking into CCF.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
750 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Unicorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I think the supply of decent noodling coins has dried up .... apart from one lucky wavy 20c, rotated 50c person of late, who's name we won't mention .... this has led to a shortage of wonderful finds of late. (Though I may have a new one .... hopefully .... soon). Perhaps we could ask the RAM to perhaps undo a few bolts and loosen some collars to brighten up our lives! My latest joy was a couple of 2012 5c in my change. Long live the incuse!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
618 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still having problems buying legit coins on Ebay although fakes may all find their way into jewelery if Ebay got tough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-35-Cen...t_5769wt_917
Pillar of the Community
Australia
515 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2012  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been reading maybe not quite so frequently as earlier this year but people have answered others questions before me so there's been no real need to comment. Plus I changed computers and didn't bother re-logging in so I couldn't post anyway.
Valued Member
Australia
218 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2012  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add banknotelover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I log in frequently and just read. I'm more into banknotes than coins and most of the topics revolve around coins so...furthermore, theres more knowledgeable people out there than me, who are also faster in responding than me, so most times, there's no real need to repeat what someone else wrote...anyway, I've been trying to sell up some of my collection to ease finances, as I would like to do some business next year...cheers
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2012  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add david36 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive been checking this forum every now and again for a while now its a great source of info.
I'm into collecting decimal and pre dec's but allot of my time goes into the coin detecting side of the hobby, I've made some great finds with the detector over the years.
I don't post generally because I can find most info I need through searching the forums.
Don't want to see such a great thing die so ill come out of the shadows and contribute a bit more ;)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2012  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ive been checking this forum every now and again for a while now its a great source of info.
I'm into collecting decimal and pre dec's but allot of my time goes into the coin detecting side of the hobby, I've made some great finds with the detector over the years.
I don't post generally because I can find most info I need through searching the forums.
Don't want to see such a great thing die so ill come out of the shadows and contribute a bit more ;)

David
If you are looking for information, ideas or just plain want to enjoy yourself then this is the site to be on mate
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,747Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05