Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Dollar Bills

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9785 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fun! I had to look three times to see the difference.

yeah, nothing special especially with condition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1040 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
nothing special especially with condition.

Actually, they are band new bills never been circulated...

Yea I thought that it was pretty cool... Most of those two straps were consecutive number bills...
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Baldridge0008 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What?! You guys actually get red seal 2's from the bank? Maybe even random star notes? That is a great I Dea I had never thought of doing.. I'm in a very rural area so no telling what dusty 2's are laying around.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1040 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2017  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What?! You guys actually get red seal 2's from the bank? Maybe even random star notes? That is a great I Dea I had never thought of doing.. I'm in a very rural area so no telling what dusty 2's are laying around.

I have never gotten a Red Seal from the bank but one lady who has worked there for years said she has seen them before... I think I remember her telling me they have to turn them in...

The oldest $2 bills I have gotten from the bank is 1976 series...

I told them if they ever get any Red, Blue, Brown or Yellow, Seals to get a hold of me and I'll rush right up there to get them...
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2017  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Baldridge0008 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to give it a try friday, might make a day of riding around exchanging money between banks.

I can collect even when broke!

Probably my favorite 2 of my collection. Not much but a start.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1040 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2017  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up $150 in two's yesterday at the bank... Hadn't had a chance to go through them but I did get one 2013 star note which was promptly put in my star note stash.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1040 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2017  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up $62 from the bank on Friday. Nothing special.

76-1
95-2
03-4
03A-5
09-6
13-13
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2017  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeBipp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fun fact my great uncle, Peter Cocci, designed the back of the 2 dollar bill.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37708 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2017  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool!
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aingers2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a nice collection of 2 dollar bills in my stash. However, how and where do I find the mint marks on the bills?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
27978 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Notes do not have mint marks per say. They are printed at the BEP and have one of twelve districts on them,A through L. Located to the left of the portrait.
http://www.uspapermoney.info/
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
904 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n9jig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bills printed in Fort Worth have a small FW on the obverse. On the $2 bill it would be on the lower right corner of the white field.

Look at the pictures from about 10 posts prior to this one.
Edited by n9jig
01/01/2018 11:10 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just about everything you wanted to know about the US $2 bill;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite...-dollar_bill

P.S. Just remember it is Wikipedia.
Valued Member
United States
258 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2018  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I learn something new everyday..
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  06:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tokyo Tammy Lynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have three $2 bills...

One with a red seal
Two with green seals

All printed out of alignment. The red seal reverse is the worst aligned one. Of the green seal bills one is shifted right and up and the other shift left but vertically I think ok.

Should I hang on to them or not worth anything just for alignment?
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05