Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bank Of Canada 1912-14 Gold Coin Special RCM Release

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,775 / Views: 270,343Next Topic
Page: of 185
Pillar of the Community
Canada
743 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2016  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A boxed premium set will grade in the MS63-65 range, and that is beyond the grading prowess of myself and others without the coin in hand. My guess is that one coin will be exceptional at 65, one not so nice at 63, for an AVG grade of 64 for the set. This from the 3 sets I was lucky enough to see in person.
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2016  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yourteeth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you DarrylDarryl and Tripoli, at least it gives me an idea. I must say this is pretty difficult to get good pictures with the capsules. I'll now try to find out the MS-65 one.
Valued Member
Canada
127 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pfrien to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trends has finally updated pricing for the 1912-1914 Gold series. As the market has demonstrated, 1912 Ten Dollar and 1914 Five Dollar were the best purchase in the RCM sale in late 2012.

Here is the Trends for each of the Gold coins in MS-62:
$5's 1912: $525; 1913: $550; 1914: $1,000 AGW is 0.242 troy oz. $380 of gold at CAD$1570 spot
$10's 1912:$1,400; 1913: $1,100; 1914: $1,100 AGW is 0.484 troy oz $760 of gold at CAD$1570 spot

My thinking is that these values are about right for retail. Maybe the 1914 $5 and $10's are a bit high. None of these should sell for significant discount to trends.

It has taken three years for the Trends price to be adjusted for market reality......

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That seems more realistic in comparison to the old Trends.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1243 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2017  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, is there much difference for ms63? I thinl that is where most boc's came in at. Nice to see some movement to reflect teality.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2017  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add torgemco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
an example I have
been tracking..
i hope this is apropos

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1914-Canada....m1438.l2649

not my coin..

regards

in contrast toward this example

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/From-The-Ho....c100623.m-1

Edited by torgemco
11/17/2017 5:59 pm
Valued Member
Canada
422 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2017  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to my own personal photo files of the Bank of Canada Gold Hoard:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm33zSoK
Edited by Coinsplus
11/19/2017 12:22 am
Valued Member
Canada
449 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you very much for the link with photos;
Not that I suspect I could have afforded to buy any at the time, but I didn't hear about this till years after the fact, so seeing that which you've shared was appreciated!
Still lamenting the passing of our penny;
Hopefully I'll be passing the bug onto the next generation.
Wanted list HERE
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harriscm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know the range of grades on the premium hand select sets of 6 coins? I've seen a 63 on eBay, but curious if you could find a 64 or even 65.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Posted at the top of this page by tripoli...
Quote:
A boxed premium set will grade in the MS63-65 range, and that is beyond the grading prowess of myself and others without the coin in hand. My guess is that one coin will be exceptional at 65, one not so nice at 63, for an AVG grade of 64 for the set. This from the 3 sets I was lucky enough to see in person.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't been on the forum very long and just recently found this thread. I've been reading through the whole thing the last couple days. A lot of great information here. I know it's years since the RCM offered these, but I would like to try to find a HS $5 preferably 1912, because of the Klondike history, in the original mint packaging, to go alongside a couple of GSA silver dollars I have. (I'm from the US), would anyone be able to point me in the direction of one at a somewhat reasonable price? I'm guessing it's not something I'm going to find at any coin show near me. Thanks for any info and for all the info in the thread.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1243 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  03:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen them pop up on ebay from time to time, purchased the 1913 to complete my set there. You can also try the CNC coin auction, they sometimes have them still in the original box. It will probably involving keeping your eyes open. Maybe checkout some of the bigger Canadian online stores.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2227 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ smuglr
One of these places can probably help you out...
Google search
Gatewest Coins in Winnipeg
Canada Coin and Currency in Richmond Hill Ontario
Colonial Acres in Kitchener Ontario
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being new not sure how to properly quote and post, but thanks to @purelywasted and @darryldarryl for the tips. The search is on, hope to find something.
Page: of 185 Previous TopicReplies: 2,775 / Views: 270,343Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05